NGC 7822 Wide Field - Mach2 Unguided Image

Dean Jacobsen

Hi All,

The weather out at the local dark sky site i use was favorable last night so I was able to zip out there get about 5 hours parked on NGC 7822.  I was imaging at f/3.6 in Bortle 3 or so skies with my ASI2400MC Pro OSC camera and the FSQ-106 reduced to f/3.6.  Exposure time was 120 seconds which wasn't particularly challenging for the Mach2.  I set up and did my usual quick modeling run bracketing the declination of NGC 7822.  All 146 frames had perfectly round stars... as usual for the Mach2.  All 146 frames were used.  The Mach2 really is a wonderful mount.  :-)

Anyway, here is the image:

https://www.astrobin.com/full/nsw0e5/0/

The field is centered on the small open cluster Berkeley 59.  There are two other nice open clusters in the frame - NGC 7762 and King 11 [I don't know why the plate solver doesn't know about the King open clusters].  Unfortunately Vdb2 is cut off at the bottom of the frame but you can still see a little bit of it.  This field has a good number of dark nebula from Beverly Lynds' dark nebula catalog.

I hope you are all able to get out and enjoy the night sky this month.
--
Dean Jacobsen

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Dean,

That is a great looking image.  That camera does a fine job and the specs for the IMX410C look fabulous especially for a longer focal length situation.  I think that is what is used in the ASI2400  no?.   Does anyone know if there are plans to issue a mono version of the 410?

Dean Jacobsen

Hi Emilio, thanks for taking a look.  Yes, the ASI2400MC Pro uses the IMC410 color detector.  I haven't heard anything about a mono version of this detector in the works.
--
Dean Jacobsen