NGC 6357 The Lobster Nebula with 1100GTO-AE

jypeng@...

Hello,
Recently, I acquired the NGC6357 (declination 34 south) from my backyard (declination 37 north) using my new AP 1100GTO-AE for 20 minutes subframes in the light-polluted area. It performed excellently during the sequences from 2 AM ~ 5 AM at 15~17 degrees above the horizon when I was asleep. It is an amazing telescope mount!
It is uploaded to Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/ipp2wk/
Hope you like it.
Thanks,
Jian Yuan Peng

R Botero

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 05:56 PM, <jypeng@...> wrote:
https://www.astrobin.com/ipp2wk/

Excellent Jian! Great result given the altitude.

Roberto

Roland Christen

That really is extraordinary!

Recently, I acquired the NGC6357 (declination 34 south) from my backyard (declination 37 north) using my new AP 1100GTO-AE for 20 minutes subframes in the light-polluted area. It performed excellently during the sequences from 2 AM ~ 5 AM at 15~17 degrees above the horizon when I was asleep. It is an amazing telescope mount!
It is uploaded to Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/ipp2wk/
Hope you like it.
Thanks,
Jian Yuan Peng

Kenneth Tan

Wow!

On Sat, 22 May 2021 at 00:56, <jypeng@...> wrote:
Hello,
Recently, I acquired the NGC6357 (declination 34 south) from my backyard (declination 37 north) using my new AP 1100GTO-AE for 20 minutes subframes in the light-polluted area. It performed excellently during the sequences from 2 AM ~ 5 AM at 15~17 degrees above the horizon when I was asleep. It is an amazing telescope mount!
It is uploaded to Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/ipp2wk/
Hope you like it.
Thanks,
Jian Yuan Peng

Karen Christen

What a striking result!  And the Astrobin IOTD today…  Congrats!

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Jeff B

Oh my that's just beautiful...squared.  Three dimensional!

Well done!!

Jeff

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 3:00 PM Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

What a striking result!  And the Astrobin IOTD today…  Congrats!

Karen

AP

Recently, I acquired the NGC6357 (declination 34 south) from my backyard (declination 37 north) using my new AP 1100GTO-AE for 20 minutes subframes in the light-polluted area. It performed excellently during the sequences from 2 AM ~ 5 AM at 15~17 degrees above the horizon when I was asleep. It is an amazing telescope mount!
It is uploaded to Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/ipp2wk/
Hope you like it.
Thanks,
Jian Yuan Peng

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Lee Dodge

Spectacular picture!

Lee

jypeng@...

Karen, Roberto, Rolando, Kenneth, Jeff, Lee
Thank you for your kind comments!
1100GTO is an excellent telescope mount and I am a happy owner. :-)
Regards,
Jian Yuan Peng

Don Anderson

Beautiful image with amazing detail Jian!

Don Anderson