From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Geoff Smith
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2022 1:25 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] ngc 3621 in Hydra

After a long break (covid, shocking weather) I have finally got a new image.

The image is here https://www.astrobin.com/b3cp3w/

There are not many images of this galaxy. I found it quite a difficult object to process. Bringing out the faint halo while not blowing out the stars or brighter parts of the galaxy required some careful masking.
Telescope: 12.5" PlaneWave CDK
Mount: AP900
Camera: FLI Proline 16803
Exposure: 6h 50m