NGC891 from Paris with good seeing (8" f/4 Newtonian + AP900)

Dan_Paris

Hello everyone,

Thursday night was clear over Paris, albeit humid, with  rather good seeing conditions (1.8" FWHM after stacking). For this picture of the famous edge-on galaxy NGC 891 in Andromeda with my 8" f/4 Newtonian, I chose to include in the frame many interesting background galaxies.

 I invite you to have a look at the full-resolution picture : https://www.webastro.net/uploads/monthly_2022_09/Galaxie_NGC891_finale.jpg.5480103f68ab09a4d4c1f81b05650a19.jpg

Thanks for looking and clear skies,

Dan

Technical data
200/800 custom Newtonian astrograph with Romano Zen optics and carbon fiber tube
AP900 CP4 mount on Losmandy HD tripod
TS 2.5" Riccardi-Wynne corrector
ASI183mm
ZWO LRGB filters
Guiding : ZWO OAG + ASI120mm mini + AsiairV1
Luminance : 240 *60sec
Chrominance : 30*60sec  each channel
Conditions : Bortle 7 skies in Paris' suburbs (20km from the Eiffel tower),rather good seeing but mediocre transparency (high humidity)
Processing with Pixinsight

Roland Christen

Lots of little galaxies, and great resolution.

[...]

Michael Freeberg

Dan,

That is a awesome image, very well done.

Mike

Dan_Paris

Thanks a lot Roland and Michael, I think that with today's small pixel cameras even  rather short focal-length telescopes can get an interesting level of detail on galaxies.

clear skies,

Dan

Karen Christen

There’s so much going on in that image, Dan.  Very cool!

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Dan_Paris

Thanks a lot Karen, I'm glad you like it!