Newbie question about APPM pointing model location


Shailesh Trivedi
 

How can I save and later load a pointing model ? I have APCCPro.

Shailesh


fishma@...
 

Have just switched-over to APPM and came here looking for a similar answer as Shailesh. I still have last night's model set-up and it worked amazingly. Keen to know best way to save it and more importantly - the 're-sync' procedure so I can use it again tonight. Do I just re-sync on a star when I start the mount up - or is there a more elaborate process? I couldn't find a reference to this in the APCC User Guide, maybe because it is so simple!

Thank you in advance, Marc


 

you can view the model from the pointing model tab in APCC

image.png

from this window you can load prior models. the models themselves are automatically saved after APPM run

Screenshot 2021-09-13 112552.png


On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 7:19 AM fishma via groups.io <fishma=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have just switched-over to APPM and came here looking for a similar answer as Shailesh. I still have last night's model set-up and it worked amazingly. Keen to know best way to save it and more importantly - the 're-sync' procedure so I can use it again tonight. Do I just re-sync on a star when I start the mount up - or is there a more elaborate process? I couldn't find a reference to this in the APCC User Guide, maybe because it is so simple!

Thank you in advance, Marc



--
Brian 



Brian Valente


Shailesh Trivedi
 

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I realized this, how do I name it a specific name eg <scope><camera><medium_model><date>

Shailesh


 

afaik there isn't a model "name" property you can edit, but you can just edit the file name and it will show at the top of the window

Brian




On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 7:37 AM Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...> wrote:
Hi Brian,

Thanks, I realized this, how do I name it a specific name eg <scope><camera><medium_model><date>

Shailesh



--
Brian 



Brian Valente


Worsel
 

The models are stored (at least for Win 10) in

C:/Program Data/Astro-Physics/APCC/Models/*.pnt

You can restore ANY model (be aware of the implications) by

1.  Click Pointing Model Tab
2.  Click Model in left hand section
3.  Click File in upper left (the above folder will open) and list all model (*.pnt) files
4.  Select model.

I believe that you can name a model in the folder whatever you want as long as the extension is .pnt

Bryan


Shailesh Trivedi
 

Brian and Bryan,

Thank you for your response. Oddly enough in Win10 the C:\Program Data folder is hidden. Plus you have to rename or copy it to the file name of your choice, and interestingly you can 

1. Not save it to a file name of your choice and,
2. Not save it to a folder of your choice

Maybe I am missing something, if so please help educate me.

Thanks,

Shailesh


 

Shailesh it sounds to me like you may have a permissions problem?

i was able to open the program data folder and change a file name without issue


image.png




On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 12:57 PM Shailesh Trivedi <strivedi@...> wrote:
Brian and Bryan,

Thank you for your response. Oddly enough in Win10 the C:\Program Data folder is hidden. Plus you have to rename or copy it to the file name of your choice, and interestingly you can 

1. Not save it to a file name of your choice and,
2. Not save it to a folder of your choice

Maybe I am missing something, if so please help educate me.

Thanks,

Shailesh



--
Brian 



Brian Valente


Shailesh Trivedi
 

Some quirk of Win10 - see below

To view the "ProgramData" folder you will need to go to the Windows control panel , select "Appearance and Personalization", and find the "folder options" dialog. Select the View Tab, make the changes shown above, and click OK. You should now be able to see and access the "ProgramData" folder.

Shailesh


Ray Gralak
 

Shailesh,

 

> To view the "ProgramData" folder you will need to go to the Windows control panel , select "Appearance and

> Personalization", and find the "folder options" dialog. Select the View Tab, make the changes shown above,

> and click OK. You should now be able to see and access the "ProgramData" folder.

 

You can easily open these folders from APCC and APPM.

 

For example, from APPM, you can open a Windows explore instance in the folder with the PNT files and logs by clicking the menu: File->Logs Directory as shown in this screenshot:

 

 

-Ray

 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shailesh Trivedi

> Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 2:42 PM

> To: main@ap-gto.groups.io

> Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Newbie question about APPM pointing model location

>

> Some quirk of Win10 - see below

>

> To view the "ProgramData" folder you will need to go to the Windows control panel , select "Appearance and

> Personalization", and find the "folder options" dialog. Select the View Tab, make the changes shown above,

> and click OK. You should now be able to see and access the "ProgramData" folder.

>

> Shailesh


Shailesh Trivedi
 

Thanks Ray