New Videos on the AP YouTube Channel

Karen Christen

Happy Friday Astronuts!

Just a quick announcement to let you know there are 2 new videos on the AP YouTube channel.  Per your request, we’re working hard to provide more instructional videos on a wide range of topics.  The latest editions cover:

  • Setting East Limits for Both Pier Sides in APCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAOo87tDngA
    • Review this video to learn how to utilize APCC to start imaging in a counterweight-up position so you can image through the meridian and avoid a meridian flip.
  • How to Adjust the Backstop on Self-Adjusting Gearboxes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGAxog2xTf4
    • This is rarely needed but since we produced the video for a customer we thought we’d make it available to everyone.

We suggest Subscribing to the channel to be informed of new videos and changes in real time.  We hope you find these helpful.  And a quick shoutout to our team members who are making these videos possible – Dave, Paige, Ray, and Brian!

Clear skies!

Karen & the Astro-Folks

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

midmoastro

Thank you, Karen,
Todd

Harley Davidson

Excellent videos Karen. You make the ones I do look 3rd rate :)

Is it possible to do a video showing (with a mount) how to do a complete daytime alignment of the mount? It would be much appreciated. Maybe get Roland in the video while he takes a break from making lenses.

thanks   tony

On 4/22/2022 4:35 PM, Karen Christen wrote:

[...]

M Hambrick

Thanks Karen. More great videos.

I will throw another one into the suggestion list. How about a video demonstrating how to set up meridian delays with APCC and the Keypad. Maybe this would be better as two separate videos. The idea would be to demonstrate how to set the delays up in the software and to show how the mount behaves once they are set up.

Mike