new user's Keypad ? #Keypad

michael mccann

Hi
Bought a used AP 1600, super nice machine.  I'm trying to become fluent with the Keypad work flow process.  For some reason I'm not getting how to move the RA and DEC.  So once I use the goto function to an object, it's in guiding mode. Do I need to somehow get it to unguide? if so, what key sequence do i use.

Mike

michael mccann

Keypad S/N is 4305GTO

is there a special battery installed in this? or is it a standard 9V

On April 13, 2021 at 9:01 AM, "mmccawsprojects via groups.io" <mmccawsprojects@...> wrote:

Hi
Bought a used AP 1600, super nice machine.  I'm trying to become fluent with the Keypad work flow process.  For some reason I'm not getting how to move the RA and DEC.  So once I use the goto function to an object, it's in guiding mode. Do I need to somehow get it to unguide? if so, what key sequence do i use.

Mike

Howdy,

Once you do a GoTo, the mount will be in tracking mode. 

You can stop it from tracking by setting the track rate to STOP in the main menu. In version 4.19.3, the most current version, the 8 button controls the tracking rate. You can choose from Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, and STOP. Since your keypad is purchased used, you might want to access the manual. You can find the documentation on our website, here https://astro-physics.info/index.htm?tech_support/tech_support. We have up to date manuals for all current products there.

Is this what you were looking for? 

Liam Plybon

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of mmccawsprojects via groups.io <mmccawsprojects@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:00:57 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] new user's Keypad ? #Keypad

Hi

Mike

George

Mike,

Your button move speeds are probably set too slow to see.   Change them to 600x for easy test.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.

Phone:  815-222-6538 (direct line)

Phone:  815-282-1513 (office)

Email:  george@...

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of mmccawsprojects via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:01 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] new user's Keypad ? #Keypad

Hi

Mike

Dale Ghent

If I understand your problem statement, you GoTo a database object but you're unable to manually slew the telescope using the NESW buttons afterwards?

I don't know what your focal length is, but button 6 controls the button slew rate ("B: <value>" on the keypad display) and it could be set to 0.25x, which can be slow enough on wide focal lengths to give the impression that nothing is moving when you press the button - it is moving, but it's hard to perceive. If this sounds like your case, the mash the 6 button to cycle through the button slew speeds and try a faster rate.

This is covered on page 37 of the keypad manual.
https://www.astro-physics.info/tech_support/mounts/keypad/keypad-manual.pdf

On Apr 13, 2021, at 12:00, mmccawsprojects via groups.io <mmccawsprojects=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi
Bought a used AP 1600, super nice machine. I'm trying to become fluent with the Keypad work flow process. For some reason I'm not getting how to move the RA and DEC. So once I use the goto function to an object, it's in guiding mode. Do I need to somehow get it to unguide? if so, what key sequence do i use.

Mike

michael mccann

Thanks

I'll download that pdf right away.  

One other question are we allow to post want or for sale notices in group. i'm looking for an ATS portable 10" tripod/pier.

Cheers

Karen Christen

Hello Michael,

While we don’t encourage want or for sale notices, folks do post them now and again – like you just did.  😉

Karen

AP

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of michael mccann via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] new user's Keypad ? #Keypad

Thanks

I'll download that pdf right away.  

One other question are we allow to post want or for sale notices in group. i'm looking for an ATS portable 10" tripod/pier.

Cheers

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

michael mccann

Thanks
will note for future.

Cheers

fjk5146

Hi Michael,

The Keypad uses a special battery.  You can contact Astro-Physics and they can sell you the correct battery for your Keypad.  

Fred

--
Fred Keller
Gold Cr

weems@...

There’s a 10”x42” ATS pier currently listed on Astromart under Mounts-Equatorial. Located in Texas. 

Chip

Dean Jacobsen

One of the happiest days of my life was the day I sold my 10” x 42” ATS portable pier that I used for my 1200.  That was a heavy beast and I had to lift it up on the tailgate of my F350 4x4 and then down twice each trip.  The 1200 and the ATS pier were eventually downsized to a 900 and Losmandy HD pier when all of the heavy lifting got old… or I got old… or both.
--
Dean Jacobsen
Astrobin Image Gallery - https://www.astrobin.com/users/deanjacobsen/