new user's Keypad ? #Keypad

michael mccann

Hi
Bought a used AP 1600, super nice machine.  I'm trying to become fluent with the Keypad work flow process.  For some reason I'm not getting how to move the RA and DEC.  So once I use the goto function to an object, it's in guiding mode. Do I need to somehow get it to unguide? if so, what key sequence do i use.

Mike

michael mccann

Keypad S/N is 4305GTO

is there a special battery installed in this? or is it a standard 9V

On April 13, 2021 at 9:01 AM, "mmccawsprojects via groups.io" <mmccawsprojects@...> wrote:

Hi
Bought a used AP 1600, super nice machine.  I'm trying to become fluent with the Keypad work flow process.  For some reason I'm not getting how to move the RA and DEC.  So once I use the goto function to an object, it's in guiding mode. Do I need to somehow get it to unguide? if so, what key sequence do i use.

Mike

Howdy,

Once you do a GoTo, the mount will be in tracking mode.

You can stop it from tracking by setting the track rate to STOP in the main menu. In version 4.19.3, the most current version, the 8 button controls the tracking rate. You can choose from Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, and STOP. Since your keypad is purchased used, you might want to access the manual. You can find the documentation on our website, here https://astro-physics.info/index.htm?tech_support/tech_support. We have up to date manuals for all current products there.

Is this what you were looking for?

Liam Plybon

AP

Bought a used AP 1600, super nice machine.  I'm trying to become fluent with the Keypad work flow process.  For some reason I'm not getting how to move the RA and DEC.  So once I use the goto function to an object, it's in guiding mode. Do I need to somehow get it to unguide? if so, what key sequence do i use.

Mike

George

Mike,

Your button move speeds are probably set too slow to see.   Change them to 600x for easy test.

Regards,

George

George Whitney

Astro-Physics, Inc.