New mount registration and license key (PEM Pro and APCC Pro) questions

skester@...

I received my 1100GTO on Friday.  I purchased through a vendor, so it's not clear to me if AP has my contact info, or if I need to mail in the mount registration card?  They clearly have my name and address as the mount was shipped direct from AP to me, but they may not have my email or phone number.

I recall reading on CN that the APPC license key is delivered via email, how do I go about requesting that?

This morning I attempted to install PEM Pro using the license key listed on the 1100GTO manual front cover.  On startup PEM Pro tells me my 'trial has expired', note I never had a trial period.  When I then enter the key and hit OK the program simply exists.  Uninstalling and re-installing PEM Pro made no difference, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Scott

Karen Christen

Hi Scott,

When you purchase through a dealer, we do not register you as our customer (even if we shipped directly to you) until you contact us.  You can mail in the registration card, or just give us a call on Monday and give Paige or Daleen your info.  They’ll email an APCC license key to you.

I’ll let George or Howard weigh in on PemPro, but I can tell you the program – and a PEC specific to your mount – is already loaded in the CP4 control box.

Enjoy your new mount!

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

skester@...

Thank you Karen, I will call on tomorrow and register the mount. My planned use of PEM Pro was purely too measure the native and PEC corrected PE of the mount, not to replace the factory curve, so nothing that can't wait. The timing of the mount's arrival could not have been better as we have great conditions in the south east this weekend along with no moon.  I'm taking the mount out tonight for the first time and was planning to use the factory PEC curve.

Thanks,
Scott

Ray Gralak

Hi Scott,

This morning I attempted to install PEM Pro using the license key listed on the 1100GTO manual front cover. On
startup PEM Pro tells me my 'trial has expired', note I never had a trial period. When I then enter the key and hit OK
the program simply exists. Uninstalling and re-installing PEM Pro made no difference, not sure what I am doing
wrong.
All PEMPro V3 installers have an expiration date, so maybe the installer is old. You can download the latest public version of PEMPro from this link:

https://www.siriusimaging.com/downloads/PEMProV3.exe

Regarding the PEMProV3 license key, you should find a 15-character license key in one of the manuals for the mount. Using that you can register your mount using the PEMPro registration utility, which should be on a USB stick that came with your mount. If you can't find the utility, you can download the registration utility from this link:

https://www.siriusimaging.com/downloads/ApPEMProV3LicenseRequest.exe

-Ray

[...]

Thanks Ray, I had completely missed the license request step and thought the key in the manual was all I needed.  Once I received the true key I was able to complete the registration without issue.

skester@...

My first night out with the 1100GTO went great, zero issues with the mount.  I thought I would share the results, M106 and friends.

Karen Christen

Nice result!

Scott posted this on the group, as well, if you’d like to see it larger:  https://ap-gto.groups.io/g/main/photo/262683/1?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Karen

AP

My first night out with the 1100GTO went great, zero issues with the mount.  I thought I would share the results, M106 and friends.

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

skester@...

Thanks Karen, the first I many I hope.  The mount was a pleasure to use and definitely worth the wait.  The alignment achieved with the RAPAS was also spot on, and a real time saver.