Need help connecting APCC to Mach1

Joseph Beyer

I posted the message below initially under the topic of "Smart Meridian Flip with NINA" but I'm starting a new thread on this topic because at this point it has nothing to do with the original problem of a meridian flip.  I'm just trying to get the mount up and running again.

Start of message:

I'm hoping for some suggestions to help restore a functional connection between my computer and the mount.  After the latest event that started with a meridian flip followed by pointing issues which then caused APCC-Pro to stop responding.  I've gone back through all set up instructions for APCC and the V2 driver but was unable to get the mount to connect correctly.  The end result was APCC would only open the then stop responding and require closing using task manager.  The V2 driver would also open but the mount was unresponsive to both.

This morning George was very helpful in troubleshooting the connection problem.  He came to the conclusion uninstalling and reinstalling APCC-Pro was likely indicated as it appears something may have been corrupted in the event.  I reinstalled APCC and the connection problems were still present.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the V2 driver as well, confirmed all ports were configured correctly in both programs but that also made no difference.

Currently APCC will open and attempt to connect but the "Connect" window hangs in the middle of the window.  Shortly after that Windows pointing icon turns into a rotating circle and APCC becomes unresponsive.

I'm stumped at this point.

Ray Gralak

Reinstalling APCC is not likely going to help unless APCC had become corrupted through some disk error on your computer. More likely is that the settings file has become corrupted.

So, try deleting:

C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc

You'll need to reconfigure the connection.

-Ray

[...]

Christopher Erickson

Could be a cable or connector problem too.

Or a popped USB port.

-Christopher Erickson
Observatory engineer
Waikoloa, HI 96738
www.summitkinetics.com

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021, 8:49 AM Ray Gralak <iogroups@...> wrote:
Reinstalling APCC is not likely going to help unless APCC had become corrupted through some disk error on your computer. More likely is that the settings file has become corrupted.

So, try deleting:

 C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc

You'll need to reconfigure the connection.

-Ray

Joseph Beyer

"Reinstalling APCC is not likely going to help unless APCC had become corrupted through some disk error on your computer. More likely is that the settings file has become corrupted.

So, try deleting:

C:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\settings.apcc

You'll need to reconfigure the connection."

I'll give it try this afternoon.

"Could be a cable or connector problem too.

Or a popped USB port."

Initially I thought these might be possibilities too but during troubleshooting have rotated connections/cables/ports and it's the same regardless of the configuration.

Joe

Joseph Beyer

Ray,

Deleting the settings file did the trick!  The mount seems to be connecting and pointing fine now.

Thanks, Joe

Ray Gralak

Joe,

Deleting the settings file did the trick! The mount seems to be connecting and pointing fine now.
I'm glad that worked! :-)