Multiple Meridian Profiles?

Wayne Hixson

Asking for a friend….

Is it OCD to have different meridian maps for different setups?  😃 For example one for a OSC camera with more clearance than a mono camera with filter wheel and OAG? Might make a difference of 15-30 minutes of imaging time.

Wayne

Joseph Beyer

Of course, it’s actually very helpful to have several.  I’ve got several profiles for even the same telescope depending on camera and tripod/pier being used.  It insures I don’t have to worry about watching for inadvertent collisions no matter the setup.  Be careful to name the profiles accurately and that’s it.

Dean Jacobsen

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 11:41 AM, Wayne Hixson wrote:
Is it OCD to have different meridian maps for different setups?  😃 For example one for a OSC camera with more clearance than a mono camera with filter wheel and OAG? Might make a difference of 15-30 minutes of imaging time.
I have made several for different situations and optical tubes depending on clearances.

--
Dean Jacobsen

Wayne Hixson

Thanks! I will let my friend know 😉