Multiple instances of Astrophysics V2 driver

Eduardo Oliveira

Hello there,

Can someone explain why I am having multiple instances of the
Asto-Physics V2 driver (version v5.30.10) being open when I execute my
acquisition software (Astrophotography Tool) and after that my guiding
software (PhD)? When I connect APT with my mount it opens the first
instance of the ASCOM driver and later when I connect PhD to my mount
it opens a second instance. I recently upgraded to a new computer and
installed Windows10 64 bits. Is there a problem running this two
instances? Can I fix it?

Clear skies,

E. Oliveira.

Clement Elechi

APT has an option to connect to mount automatically.  Try turning that off.  Maybe launch the ASCOM driver using CdC and then connect mount with PHD2 and APT.

Clem

============================

My flickr gallery:

On Monday, September 6, 2021, 07:31:54 PM EDT, Eduardo Oliveira <eoliveira@...> wrote:

Hello there,

Can someone explain why I am having multiple instances of the
Asto-Physics V2 driver (version v5.30.10) being open when I execute my
acquisition software (Astrophotography Tool) and after that my guiding
software (PhD)? When I connect APT with my mount it opens the first
instance of the ASCOM driver and later when I connect PhD to my mount
it opens a second instance. I recently upgraded to a new computer and
installed Windows10 64 bits. Is there a problem running this two
instances? Can I fix it?

Clear skies,

E. Oliveira.

W Hilmo

It sounds like at least one of the software packages connecting to the mount is running as administrator and at least one is not.

That has the effect of connecting as two different users simultaneously (one of them as your account, and one of them as administrator).  Each user will get a separate instance of the driver.

The solution is to make sure that none of your astronomy software is running as administrator.

On 9/6/21 4:31 PM, Eduardo Oliveira wrote:
Hello there,

Can someone explain why I am having multiple instances of the
Asto-Physics V2 driver (version v5.30.10) being open when I execute my
acquisition software (Astrophotography Tool) and after that my guiding
software (PhD)? When I connect APT with my mount it opens the first
instance of the ASCOM driver and later when I connect PhD to my mount
it opens a second instance. I recently upgraded to a new computer and
installed Windows10 64 bits. Is there a problem running this two
instances? Can I fix it?

Clear skies,

E. Oliveira.

Eduardo Oliveira

Thanks a lot everybody! W Wilmo, you cracked the issue...That was
exactly the problem. I was tired of AVAST messages of suspicious
software running and decided to open PhD as administrator, while APT
was not. When I opened both software with my account the problem was
solved!

Clear skies

E. Oliveira.