Mount Status Not Updating in MaxIm DL Observatory Control Window

M Hambrick

I am not sure if this is an APCC or MaxIm DL problem so I am putting this in both forums.

I have just started running my Astro-Physics 1100 GTO mount through Astro-Physics Command Center (APCC Pro Version 1.9.0.11) and the Observatory control window in MaxIm DL Pro (currently on V 6.29), and until tonight there have been no issues other than the normal learning curve.

I am using the AP ASCOM V2 Telescope Driver (version 5.30.10)

Tonight, after connecting my cameras and mount to MaxIm I gave the first GoTo command to the mount from MaxIm and it executed it correctly, but afterwards the mount would accept no more GoTo or any other commands through the MaxIm observatory control window. Note that when I gave the mount commands through APCC it behaved normally.

What I have observed is that after the mount finished slewing to the GoTo object, The mount status in MaxIm thought the mount was still slewing. Clicking the Abort button made no difference.

I shut down and restarted the mount, MaxIm, and APCC several times but always got the same result after the first GoTo command was executed.

Until tonight I had been using a Cat 5e .ethernet cable to connect from the mount controller to my computer. Tonight I started out with a new Cat 6a cable, but switching back to the original Cat 5e cable made no difference.

Mike

Ray Gralak

Tonight, after connecting my cameras and mount to MaxIm I gave the first GoTo command to the mount from
MaxIm and it executed it correctly, but afterwards the mount would accept no more GoTo or any other
commands through the MaxIm observatory control window. Note that when I gave the mount commands
through APCC it behaved normally.
We're going to need to see your APCC logs to understand what happened.

-Ray

[...]

HI Ray

Is this what you are looking for ?? These are the zipped files from the last 5 days. Everything prior to November 8 worked fine.

Mike

M Hambrick

Actually Ray, I think that maybe these are the logs you are looking for: There are three different instances because I started and stopped APCC several times trying to figure out what was going on.

Mike

Roland Christen

I have exactly the same problem with MaximDL. It started doing this about 3 - 4 months ago and now I cannot get it to recognize the tracking mode after the first slew. Before this, I never had any problem with MaximDL slewing or centering a star on the crosshairs.

[...]

It probably won't show anything in APCC logs. I have exactly the same problem with MaximDL hooked directly to the mount via the ASCOM driver without APCC.

Roland

> Tonight, after connecting my cameras and mount to MaxIm I gave the first GoTo command to the mount from
> MaxIm and it executed it correctly, but afterwards the mount would accept no more GoTo or any other
> commands through the MaxIm observatory control window. Note that when I gave the mount commands
> through APCC it behaved normally.

We're going to need to see your APCC logs to understand what happened.

-Ray

M Hambrick

That’s interesting Roland. Have you asked the folks at Diffraction Limited about this ?

Roland Christen

No, not yet. I just got back yesterday from a 3 week trip to the islands.

Roland