Mount keeps going to zero tracking

Peter Bresler

I had this problem a couple of nights. I set tracking to zero to focus on a terrestrial object. I set the mount back to sidereal and entered a target in SGP; when I attempted to center in SGP  APCC kept going back to zero rate after I repeatedly set it to sidereal.  I finally seemed to solve the problem by starting a new sequence. Here is the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhop2gyc59eo3om/ApccZip-Peter_Bresler-2021-01-30-204841.zip?dl=0

Ray Gralak

Peter,

I had this problem a couple of nights. I set tracking to zero to focus on a terrestrial object. I set the mount back to
sidereal and entered a target in SGP; when I attempted to center in SGP APCC kept going back to zero rate
after I repeatedly set it to sidereal. I finally seemed to solve the problem by starting a new sequence. Here is the
log:
I looked at your logs, and APCC stopped the mount under these conditions:

1) When the mount reached a meridian limit.
2) After unparking because you have the option set to stop tracking after unparking.
3) After parking, because that's normal.
4) After an Alt/Az slew, as that is an ASCOM requirement.
5) When a command came in through a virtual port to stop tracking.

There were no unexpected cases where APCC stopped tracking.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

I had this problem a couple of nights. I set tracking to zero to focus on a terrestrial object. I set the mount back to
sidereal and entered a target in SGP; when I attempted to center in SGP APCC kept going back to zero rate
after I repeatedly set it to sidereal. I finally seemed to solve the problem by starting a new sequence. Here is the
log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhop2gyc59eo3om/ApccZip-Peter_Bresler-2021-01-30-204841.zip?dl=0

Peter Bresler

The issue must have been triggered by SGP...it really disrupted the evening. As I said, it resolved with a new sequence.....had to re-enter all the parameters.

I have a couple of other suggestions/problems with APCC. I cannot view the error logs or close the errors even if I select the error log window. The only way to clear the errors is to restart APCC. It would be nice to be able to unconditionally close the program without having to close SGP and PHD2 first. It gives a warning, but you still cannot close APCC unless the other apps. are closed first. It is difficult to partially minimize the screen to use it to move the mount while seeing the effect in another application. You cannot unminimize SGP or PHD2 from the tray if the APCC screen is up. Other than that it is a great program, especially compared to what some other manufacturers have!

Ray Gralak

I have a couple of other suggestions/problems with APCC.
I cannot view the error logs or close the errors even if I select the error log window.
The error log window does not open if you try to open it from the Tools menu in APCC? ("Open Error Log Window...")

It is difficult to partially minimize the screen to use it to
move the mount while seeing the effect in another application.
You cannot unminimize SGP or PHD2 from the
tray if the APCC screen is up.
Do you mean APCC always hides SGP and PHD2? That sounds like you have "Keep APCC on Top" enabled in the "Program Operation" group box. If you uncheck that option then other applications will not be hidden by APCC.

Also, when APCC's main window is not full screen, you can resize it. The fonts and controls will resize themselves the best they can to try to fit the size of APCC's window.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro