Model problems with APPM #APCC

Bradley Rode

I have some strange model weirdness going on the last few nights. I am suddenly getting very large HA Offset terms in my model, with correspondingly bad results. It's the same equipment, and the only changes are camera and filter wheel orientation to improve balance, but the model is totally whacked. I've included a run from last night, as well as a model from a year ago with the same equipment. I've done many models, but this has me scratching my head. Hoping Ray or someone else can help point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Brad

Marcelo Figueroa

How old is the modeling you are using? (you mention 1 year). It may be necessary to have to redo the model every so often, especially if there are drastic temperature changes, like if you did the modeling on a cold night and now it's a very hot one.

It is also important to have a device that incorporates up to the minute weather information into the model. I have found that for a modeling to work properly it is vital to be able to incorporate such information.

Ray Gralak

Hi Brad,

The August 7th model looks fine. I don't see anything wrong with the pointing terms. It's possible to have +/- thousands of arc-secs in the HA term, depending on the flexure, scope orthogonality, etc., of your setup.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bradley Rode
Sent: Saturday, August 7, 2021 2:27 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Model problems with APPM #APCC

I have some strange model weirdness going on the last few nights. I am suddenly getting very large HA Offset
terms in my model, with correspondingly bad results. It's the same equipment, and the only changes are camera
and filter wheel orientation to improve balance, but the model is totally whacked. I've included a run from last night,
as well as a model from a year ago with the same equipment. I've done many models, but this has me scratching
my head. Hoping Ray or someone else can help point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Brad