MGBox V2 Driver

Keith Olsen

Does anybody know where I can find the driver for the MGBox V2.   Their web site only has the MGBox driver and not the V2 driver.

I tried contacting them and no response yet.

Thanks,

Keith

https://www.astromi.ch/downloads/

it's listed on the left

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Keith Olsen

Hi Brian thanks for responding,

I see the V2 Firmware but I don't see the V2 ASCOM driver, I only see what appears to be the MGBox Ascom Driver(not V2).  I did download and install it but it does not work with the V2 box.   In the selection box for the driver in APCC it only shows the MGBox driver(not V2) and pressing the Test button shows bad data.

Keith

I am fairly certain it is the same driver and app

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 11:49 AM Keith Olsen <keitholsen@...> wrote:
Hi Brian thanks for responding,

I see the V2 Firmware but I don't see the V2 ASCOM driver, I only see what appears to be the MGBox Ascom Driver(not V2).  I did download and install it but it does not work with the V2 box.   In the selection box for the driver in APCC it only shows the MGBox driver(not V2) and pressing the Test button shows bad data.

Keith

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Keith Olsen

You are correct Brian.  I got a response from Matt at Astromi and he said the ASCOM driver is the same for all MGBox models.

I did find my problem.  I had somehow downloaded an old version of the MGBox Windows Application so I could not change from Serial to ASCOM connection.  Once I downloaded the correct version I was able to change to an ASCOM connection and all works great now.

FYI, I can have both the MGBox Windows Application running and APCC at the same time with no problem.  I can start either one first it doesn't matter.