Meridian Limits in APCC #APCC

David Johnson

I set up the meridian limits using APCC last night, and I have to say that it’s a very useful and easy-to-do process.  It’s one of those things that you can read about, but you really need to do it to completely understand it.  One interesting thing I need to keep in mind is, even with the same equipment, the meridian limits can be different.  For example, how my filter wheel is rotated has an effect on the pier clearance, so I’m trying to be reasonably conservative about placing the limits.  Same with how my focuser is rotated, since the controls do stick out from the line of the scope.  Anyway, it is a nice “cloudy nights” activity.

Ray Gralak

Hi David,

Please make sure you have installed the latest drivers for the MGBoxV2 and that the Device DataSource is set to ASCOM as in this screenshot:

-Ray

Thanks.  “ASCOM” didn’t show up as an option, so I installed the MGBoxV2 ASCOM driver.  I could swear that I installed it before, but I guess I didn’t. Anyway, it appears to have fixed it.  Thanks.