Meridian

thefamily90 Phillips

I know this is probably in a manual somewhere but if someone knows the answer I would appreciate it.
 If I observing double stars and am following Antares (eyepiece on the west side of the mount and Antares on the east side of the Meridian) Can I still use the GOTO for my next double star if Antares has crossed to the west side of the Meridian? Or, do I have to re-calibrate or start over? I have AP 600 GOTO and AP Mach1 mounts.

JimP

Roland Christen

Can I still use the GOTO for my next double star if Antares has crossed to the west side of the Meridian?
Certainly you can acquire the next star. No need to ever start over.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Apr 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Meridian

I know this is probably in a manual somewhere but if someone knows the answer I would appreciate it.
 If I observing double stars and am following Antares (eyepiece on the west side of the mount and Antares on the east side of the Meridian) Can I still use the GOTO for my next double star if Antares has crossed to the west side of the Meridian? Or, do I have to re-calibrate or start over? I have AP 600 GOTO and AP Mach1 mounts.

JimP

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics

thefamily90 Phillips

Great!!

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 8:24:00 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Meridian

Can I still use the GOTO for my next double star if Antares has crossed to the west side of the Meridian?
Certainly you can acquire the next star. No need to ever start over.

Roland

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Apr 27, 2021 6:25 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Meridian

JimP

--
Roland Christen
Astro-Physics