From: michael mccann via groups.io <mmccawsprojects@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 29, 2021 1:07 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Maintenance for a 5 year old AP mount

Hi
Before I get fully configured on my new “used” mount. What maintenance should I do? It’s 5 years old housed in a ROR that probably was in year round temperatures extremes seen at 4000 ft elevation in SW New Mexico.

Cheers

Mike

michael mccann

Ok, I’ll run it through it’s paces. I won’t know about good stars until,( which I normally don’t have to say being in the SW but those monsoons have been relentless lately, it’s good for the farmers though), the evening skies clear.

Cheers

fernandorivera3

Michael send those monsoons over this way to deep southern Texas; only 1 day of rain since the end of July & no break from the endless heat blast 😳

Fernando

michael mccann

We got here about 10 days ago. And after hard day of setting up the trailer, my wife and I were sitting outside just before sunset when we saw a series of bright flashes about 160° south of us. I asked my friends, about 20 miles away, if they were seeing the flashes. The thought we were “seeing things” , they couldn’t even see any clouds. Well I was using the mapping feature of wunderground to figure where the thunder heads were. I had to expand that map to over northern Mexico, to see the storm was over Nuevo Casas Grande, about 150 miles away.  I would have thought those storms were heading your way. But Texas is pretty broad. Last year it was a drought here. I’m just wintering here, so I could see it was dry here.  This time , it seems we’re getting daily showers, growing weeds, locust, all kinds of bugs, frogs and toads.
Hopefully you’ll get moisture soon.