Mach 2 Torture Data

Bill Long

Hello all,

Thought I would share some of the data that came from the torture test I put the Mach 2 through. For those not aware, I loaded up about ~68lbs of scope, camera, and accessories on the Mach 2 and ran it for 10 nights collecting narrowband data.

The results are impressive.

I placed 2 subs, one normal stack of HA data, and a drizzle integrated HA stack here:

Scope: AG Optical 12.5" iDK
Camera: FLI Proline 16803 w/ CFW 5-7 wheel
Focuser: MoonLite Nitecrawler WR35
Guider: Optec Sagitta OAG + SX Ultrastar Guide Camera
Filter: Chroma 3nm HA, 50mm square
Mount: The Amazing AP Mach 2 GTO
Software: APCC Pro, PHD2 Guiding, Starkeeper Voyager, AG Optical Thermal Control
Exposures: 46 x 1200s (20 mins) HA
Calibration Data: 50 Bias, 19 darks, 60 flats (SkyFlats w/ Voyager)

I am still working through the SII and OIII data. I need one more night of SII which I should be able to collect on Monday night (fingers crossed). Looking forward to seeing the end image.

Nice work by AP on what is proving to be an incredibly mighty and impressive mount. To say I love my Mach 2 would be putting it lightly. :)

-Bill

Roland Christen

Tons of detail. Great image!

[...]

Thanks! I should have the color version done sometime next week.

[...]

Chris White

Data looks great Bill.  Pinpoint stars to the corners!  I've got my name on the M2 list.  Seeing the mount perform like this with twice the load I'll probably ever put on is pretty dang impressive.  I love my 900GTO though, so I guess I'd end up with two mounts... lol.

Bill Long

Thanks Chris.

I am totally on board with Team Two Mounts. If AP ever makes that AP400AE mount, I will upgrade to Team Three Mounts. 😄