Mach 2 is as effective as the leading statin drug?


Chris White
 

My wife told me that since getting a mach 2 and going unguided that my blood pressure seems lower.  I used to jump out of bed at all hours saying things like "what the heck is going on out there??" as I trundled outside to find out why my guiding went haywire.  Not as easy a task in the winter when it's -20C outside. (I also used stronger words than heck).

Tonight at around 5:30pm I opened my roof and started the dragscript in Voyager.  When nautical night began at 6:53pm my sequence started.  At 6:56:13 my first exposure started.  3 minutes and 13 seconds from parked, to focused to capturing.  And since then, every sub has been perfect with tight round stars, just like the hundreds and hundreds of subs I've collected since I received the mount this summer.

What a great mount!


midmoastro
 

If Chuck Norris had a mount, it would be a Mach2.
The Miracle mount.

Todd


ap@CaptivePhotons.com
 

On Thu, Oct 27, 2022 at 10:49 PM, midmoastro wrote:
f Chuck Norris had a mount, it would be a Mach2.
If Chuck Morris wants to take an AP image, the stars just stop moving until he is finished. 


Dean Jacobsen
 

AP’s absolute encoder mounts paired with their APCC + APPM software are marvelous.  My Mach2 is a joy to use.  I am a nomad imager and I haven’t used guiding for more than 2 years.  Simple and fast tracking model creation with the software while it is getting dark and the scope is cooling down.  Literally thousands of subexposures with perfectly round stars.  The only thing I worry about now is keeping warm and keeping the scope in focus.
--
Dean Jacobsen
Astrobin Image Gallery - https://www.astrobin.com/users/deanjacobsen/


mjb87
 

Couldn't agree more. For various reasons, I was unable to use the mount with my 130mm GTX for four months. Finally fired it back up. Worked flawlessly first time. Spot on slewing and tracking. 

Can't wait to get encoders for my 1100!


Edward Beshore
 

Hi Chris - 

Definitely a fan of AP mounts! Mine is a 1200 and I do autoguide, but like you I have made the process pretty painless and worry-free.

i have to add that Voyager has its role to play as well. Everything save rolling off the roof is totally automated — Including getting a perfect set of twilight flats at dawn and dusk.  Having been looking at the skies for 50(!) years, I am absolutely amazed and humbled with how the technology has made things easier and the results more spectacular than ever.

Ed


Bill Long
 

+1 for Voyager running the show. Hoping we see APPM camera support for It in the future.



From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Edward Beshore via groups.io <ebeshore@...>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2022 6:53 AM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 is as effective as the leading statin drug?
 

Hi Chris - 

Definitely a fan of AP mounts! Mine is a 1200 and I do autoguide, but like you I have made the process pretty painless and worry-free.

i have to add that Voyager has its role to play as well. Everything save rolling off the roof is totally automated — Including getting a perfect set of twilight flats at dawn and dusk.  Having been looking at the skies for 50(!) years, I am absolutely amazed and humbled with how the technology has made things easier and the results more spectacular than ever.

Ed


Chris White
 

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 12:05 PM, Bill Long wrote:
+1 for Voyager running the show. Hoping we see APPM camera support for It in the future.
This would be HUGE for me.  I don't like having to use NINA very much but it's the only easy way to run models right now.  Hope Ray is watching... :-)


Arun
 

I am looking forward to experiencing the Mach 2. But in the meantime, my Mach 1 is providing me outstanding service and performance with guiding. The only real question is when I get notified, will I sell the Mach 1 or keep it?


Emilio J. Robau, P.E.
 

The peanut gallery wants to bring some accuracy to the claim that the Mach 2, which I will expand to all AP mounts lower blood pressure.  They are not a surrogate for statins.  You need to keep taking those unless you die young like you are supposed to, or live in a hunting and faming commune that only eats organic vegetables and fruits, and free range meats, which of course will give you all the exercise and clean living you need to live long.  Instead, I would say that they are a good substitute for Metoprolol and Losartan.  This is a more accurate statement.  They are not an appropriate substitute for statins.  You have to keep taking those. 


Chris White
 

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 03:23 PM, Emilio J. Robau, P.E. wrote:
The peanut gallery wants to bring some accuracy to the claim that the Mach 2, which I will expand to all AP mounts lower blood pressure.  They are not a surrogate for statins.  You need to keep taking those unless you die young like you are supposed to, or live in a hunting and faming commune that only eats organic vegetables and fruits, and free range meats, which of course will give you all the exercise and clean living you need to live long.  Instead, I would say that they are a good substitute for Metoprolol and Losartan.  This is a more accurate statement.  They are not an appropriate substitute for statins.  You have to keep taking those. 
But what if I'm allergic to peanuts?? 

To Arun Below:  I have a Mach 2... and I'm trying to find a Mach 1 to add to the collection.  Dont sell your Mach1.  (and if you do, sell it to me). 


Emilio J. Robau, P.E.
 

Peanut allergies is no problem.   However, you have a problem if you are allergic to maple syrup.  That is a real problem.


Bill Long
 

Or, the person you replied to here -- makes the best Vermont Maple Syrup there is in our country.

🙂 

Seriously, if the Astro Nuts like maple syrup, please try Chris' product. It is quite good. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 12:37 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 is as effective as the leading statin drug?
 
Peanut allergies is no problem.   However, you have a problem if you are allergic to maple syrup.  That is a real problem.


Samir Patel
 

I can vouch for the maple syrup candies form him. They were gone in a day. Seriously GOOD STUFF. 


On Thursday, November 3, 2022, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:
Or, the person you replied to here -- makes the best Vermont Maple Syrup there is in our country.

🙂 

Seriously, if the Astro Nuts like maple syrup, please try Chris' product. It is quite good. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 12:37 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 is as effective as the leading statin drug?
 
Peanut allergies is no problem.   However, you have a problem if you are allergic to maple syrup.  That is a real problem.


 

where is this maple syrup available?


On Thu, Nov 3, 2022 at 10:43 AM Samir Patel <samir111275@...> wrote:
I can vouch for the maple syrup candies form him. They were gone in a day. Seriously GOOD STUFF. 

On Thursday, November 3, 2022, Bill Long <bill@...> wrote:
Or, the person you replied to here -- makes the best Vermont Maple Syrup there is in our country.

🙂 

Seriously, if the Astro Nuts like maple syrup, please try Chris' product. It is quite good. 

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> on behalf of Emilio J. Robau, P.E. <ejr@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 12:37 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Mach 2 is as effective as the leading statin drug?
 
Peanut allergies is no problem.   However, you have a problem if you are allergic to maple syrup.  That is a real problem.




Nikita Pritsker
 

Received my Mach2 mount few weeks ago.
So far mount performs extremely well! I was really amazed by the pointing and guiding accuracy.
It's really exceptional mount!
Taking off my hat :)