Mach 2 compass upgrade kit

Peter Gottstein

I received my compass upgrade kit for my Mach 2. The kit came with steel post, plastic gasket and gasket maker glue?

Does anybody have directions on how to install this?  Once installed how do you use it vs traditional compass?

Best

Peter

Karen Christen

Hello Peter,

I’m so sorry – it appears we didn’t include the instructions in your kit.  I’ll send them directly to you via private message.

For reference in case this comes up again… You will not use the replacement post instead of the compass.  We found early in our Mach2 production that the compasses we’ve been using for years with other mounts do not work on the Mach2.  There’s something about this mount that causes the compass to display erroneous information, making it useless at best, and misleading at worst.  So we replaced it with a steel post for hanging your keypad or anything else you might like.  You must have one of the early Mach2s if you have a compass, as we no longer include it.

I hope this is helpful.

Karen

AP

--