Mach 1 Load Range

Christopher M

Hello.  I tried searching the AP website and this forum for the Mach1 load range which factors in the OTA length, ideally like the graph for the Mach 2 with Karen "Total Instrument Weight vs Total Length".  :)  I just tried assembling all my astro-photo gear on my 5" 130EDT and it comes in at 37.2# and ~57" from tip to tail.  From the Mach 2 graph it looks like the capacity for it at 57" is about 45#.  Would I be over the reasonable limit for my older Mach 1?  Thanks.  C

KHursh

Are you committed to the finders? As an imager, I dropped my finders some time ago. You might be able to drop a few pounds if it's close.

Christopher M

True.  Once I've got the GoTo calibrated I can remove them.

Peter Bresler

I would balance the mount with the gears released. Well balanced I think it should handle it. I use weights on the OTA for perfect balance.

Roland Christen

You will be fine with that combo

Hello.  I tried searching the AP website and this forum for the Mach1 load range which factors in the OTA length, ideally like the graph for the Mach 2 with Karen "Total Instrument Weight vs Total Length".  :)  I just tried assembling all my astro-photo gear on my 5" 130EDT and it comes in at 37.2# and ~57" from tip to tail.  From the Mach 2 graph it looks like the capacity for it at 57" is about 45#.  Would I be over the reasonable limit for my older Mach 1?  Thanks.  C

Christopher M

Thanks everyone.
Cheers!