Topics

locked Mach2GTO Update GTOCP5 – Version P02-07 #Mach2GTO

offrapel@...

Marj & AP folks,

Thanks for the software update. It updated fine, now running P02-07.

Noticed a small thing during the update. After finishing the part 1 update, and then selecting the part 2 file, and hit Program. The sequence repeats through to Resumed Operation but the progress bar stayed down around 5% (roughly). I wasn't positive it was done, so left it for a while. Reconnected to the IP address in another tab, and it showed the new version software.

After it was all done, brought up Stellarium and ran it all over the sky - working great!

Thank you,

Dave

Dean Jacobsen

Can the upgrade be done by just powering up the CP5 controller box - power the 12 volt connection and connected to the computer via ethernet port -  without actually having the mount present?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Konstantin von Poschinger

Yes!

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171 1983476

Am 23.11.2020 um 16:55 schrieb Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>:

Can the upgrade be done by just powering up the CP5 controller box - power the 12 volt connection and connected to the computer via ethernet port -  without actually having the mount present?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/
Amateur Radio Call Sign - W6DBJ

Roland Christen

Can the upgrade be done by just powering up the CP5 controller box - power the 12 volt connection and connected to the computer via ethernet port -  without actually having the mount present?
Yes, absolutely. Just power and Ethernet is all that's required.

Roland

Can the upgrade be done by just powering up the CP5 controller box - power the 12 volt connection and connected to the computer via ethernet port -  without actually having the mount present?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/
Amateur Radio Call Sign - W6DBJ

Andrea Lucchetti

Hi,
using the USB cable for flashing the firmware is still not possible, correct?

Thank you,
Andrea

Roland Christen

USB is way too slow unfortunately, and also prone to errors. Even one error or missing byte will cause havoc.

using the USB cable for flashing the firmware is still not possible, correct?

Thank you,
Andrea

Actually, we are almost ready to release a Serial Utilities program as an alternative to Ethernet download. Roland may not have been aware that it was under development.  We will have more news soon.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

Fax: 815-282-9847

www.astro-physics.com

USB is way too slow unfortunately, and also prone to errors. Even one error or missing byte will cause havoc.

using the USB cable for flashing the firmware is still not possible, correct?

Thank you,
Andrea

Joel Short

Is P02-07 just for the CP5?
joel

Karen Christen

Hi Joel,

At the moment, yes.  We’re working hard to put the finishing touches on the CP4 version.  Hang in there.

Karen
AP