From: Dean Jacobsen <deanjacobsen@...>
To: main <main@ap-gto.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 Status Update

As we get ready to roll into May, I was wondering about the status of the Mach2.  Is there any news for those of us who have pending Mach2 orders?
--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

dvjbaja

We can only hope that one of those mounts is Deans!   LOL

We are busy assembling and shipping. I have people doing sub-assemblies at home and I am doing all final assembly and testing here. There are mounts going out pretty much every day now.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 07:54 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
We are busy assembling and shipping. I have people doing sub-assemblies at home and I am doing all final assembly and testing here. There are mounts going out pretty much every day now.

Thanks for the update.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dean Jacobsen

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 07:59 AM, dvjbaja wrote:
We can only hope that one of those mounts is Deans!   LOL

One can only hope.  ;-)

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Rick Socarras

AP has been busy!  I was notified this Monday that my Mach 2 was ready!  It's on it's way to me now and yes I'm very excited.   Thankfully, the wait was nothing compared to the 130 GTX! Thank you AP for all your hard work in this crazy time.  Stay Safe all...

Dean Jacobsen

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 09:01 AM, Rick Socarras wrote:
AP has been busy!  I was notified this Monday that my Mach 2 was ready!  It's on it's way to me now and yes I'm very excited.   Thankfully, the wait was nothing compared to the 130 GTX! Thank you AP for all your hard work in this crazy time.  Stay Safe all...
Congratulations.  It is good to hear that more on this list are receiving theirs.

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Yes, you're on the list, a bit down but within reach ;^)

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 07:59 AM, dvjbaja wrote:
We can only hope that one of those mounts is Deans!   LOL

One can only hope.  ;-)

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Dominique Durand

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 06:01 PM, Rick Socarras wrote:
AP has been busy!  I was notified this Monday that my Mach 2 was ready!  It's on it's way to me now and yes I'm very excited.   Thankfully, the wait was nothing compared to the 130 GTX! Thank you AP for all your hard work in this crazy time.  Stay Safe all...
8 months anyway ...In France we are patient and we also hope for soon.
But above all stay safe all ...
Dominique

Dean Jacobsen

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 07:54 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> wrote:
We are busy assembling and shipping. I have people doing sub-assemblies at home and I am doing all final assembly and testing here. There are mounts going out pretty much every day now.
I see that Illinois is opening up the stay at home order a bit. Will you be affected in a positive way?

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Karen Christen

Hello Dean,

The short answer to your question is: no.  The IL Governor has extended the Stay-at-Home order for another month with very few alterations.  The primary changes include allowing some parks to re-open, retail stores may now process online orders for pick-up or delivery, and garden centers may open (assumedly as a potential source of food).  But manufacturing, specifically for non-essential items, remains prohibited.

Our office folks and some production staff will continue to do what they can at home, and the rest will remain out of the shop and not working.  Roland, Marj, and I are working 65-75 hours per week to do all we are able here at the shop.  We appreciate everyone’s patience.

Karen Christen

AP

We are busy assembling and shipping. I have people doing sub-assemblies at home and I am doing all final assembly and testing here. There are mounts going out pretty much every day now.

I see that Illinois is opening up the stay at home order a bit. Will you be affected in a positive way?

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Karen,
  This is probably too soon to ask, but when do you think the next batch will be made? I’m seriously thinking of buying one and would like to know the approximate wait time if I put myself on the list. If it’s more than a year, that’ll be enough time to save up :)

On Thursday, April 30, 2020, 8:06 PM, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello Cytan,

We were in the middle of the second run of Mach2s when Illinois went into shutdown.  Many of the parts are already machined, some have gone through anodizing, and some electronics are assembled.  But that’s where it stands until we can get our production folks back into the building.  I think it’s safe to say that if you sign up on the list now, you’ll have a year to save up.  J

Karen

AP

We are busy assembling and shipping. I have people doing sub-assemblies at home and I am doing all final assembly and testing here. There are mounts going out pretty much every day now.

I see that Illinois is opening up the stay at home order a bit. Will you be affected in a positive way?

--
Dean Jacobsen
http://astrophoto.net/wp/

Karen Christen

Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Cheng-Yang Tan

Hi Karen,
   I just signed up :)

Thanks!

cytan

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 09:52:24 AM CDT, Karen Christen <karen@...> wrote:

[...]

Seb@stro

Hello Karen,

Is the second run you're in the middle of for those who signed up in April 2019 ?  I did sign up back  then but I have not been notified yet. Have you started notifying people on that list ? The website seems a bit outdated as it says we will be notified in mid-march...

Thank you and be safe.

Sébastien

Karen Christen

Hello Sebastien,

Since we have exhausted the old Mach1 list from late 2018/early 2019, the second run of Mach2s will be offered beginning with folks who signed up in April 2019.  With the Illinois stay-at-home order recently extended we do not anticipate having our production staff back until the end of May at the earliest.  This makes it very difficult to estimate delivery dates for these mounts, which is why we have not yet notified anyone on the list.  We are hopeful to begin notification late this month with delivery starting in late Summer 2020.  However, this may all change based on Illinois law.  Thank you all for your patience.

Karen

AP

Is the second run you're in the middle of for those who signed up in April 2019 ?  I did sign up back  then but I have not been notified yet. Have you started notifying people on that list ? The website seems a bit outdated as it says we will be notified in mid-march...

Thank you and be safe.

Sébastien

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Seb@stro

Thank you very much for the precision Karen!

Sébastien

[...]

Tom Blahovici

What about accessories? I have a polar scope on order. What if I need a counterweight?
Thanks.

Karen Christen

Hello Tom,

I’m not entirely positive I understand your question, but I think you’re asking about whether we’re filling orders.  Since March 23, only Roland, Marj, and I are working at Astro-Physics.  Our outstanding office and tech support crew are working from home, and one of our assembly folks has been doing initial assembly of Mach2s at home.  The remainder of our staff – our amazing machinists, finishing folks, assemblers, and shipping expert – are not allowed to work at this time, meaning production is completely stalled.  We’re crossing our fingers that our region will meet the goals that will permit us to bring these folks back into the shop on June 1, but that is very much up in the air.

With only the 3 of us in the shop we are doing what we can.  We’re filling and shipping any orders we’re able, including accessories we have on the shelf (such as counterweights).  Roland is doing all final assembly and testing of scopes and mounts.   Marj and I have done some assembly of accessories as we’ve run out of shelf stock.  This is all work that would normally be done by 10 other people who are experts and more efficient.  Consequently, orders that require extra assembly or testing, especially uncommon items, are on hold at present.  A polar scope, for example, requires handling and testing by Roland, however he’s been buried with 92mm Stowaways and Mach2GTOs for the last 2 months.

We understand this is a frustrating situation for you, and I apologize for the delays.  We appreciate your understanding.

Karen Christen

Astro-Physics

What about accessories? I have a polar scope on order. What if I need a counterweight?
Thanks.

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

thefamily90 Phillips

Very understandable Karen. We are opening up in S.C. and hopefully soon you will be as well. Hang in there. We’re going to make it through this!

Jim