From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luca Marinelli
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 7:43 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 runaway behavior

The last few nights I have been experiencing runaway behavior with the Mach2 when the imaging sequence
starts in SGP. The target is in Cygnus, in the Eastern sky and when SGP issues the first slew the mount starts
rotating West in RA, Dec doesn't move, until it strikes the pier and motor stall errors start flying. At this point, I issue
a Find Home command and then start the sequence over and everything works properly. This is similar to
problems I had encountered when switching APCC Pro from the AP1100 to the Mach2. The solution there was to
delete the Settings file and start over, which I attempted today. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem. When I
launched the sequence, the mount slewed in RA only until the OTA hit the pier.

I have posted the APCC logs here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zjrzxw434ed9laz/ApccZip-Luca_Marinelli-2021-08-05-222758.zip?dl=0

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Luca

Luca Marinelli

Thank you for taking a look, Ray. Let me know if there is any data I can provide that would be helpful.

Luca

On Aug 6, 2021, at 9:30 AM, Ray Gralak via groups.io <iogroups=siriusimaging.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Luca,

For some reason, APCC thinks the Home operation failed. The slew to Home completed the move, but there was no attempt by APCC to sync the mount. I'm not sure why (yet).

-Ray

[...]

Tonight I tried a different experiment and before starting the sequence, I manually sent the mount home. When I started the sequence, the first slew was to the target and the mount did not rotate into the pier. One thing that was curious is that even that I had both pointing and tracking correction checked with a loaded model, the mount did not start using the model until i manually unchecked and re-checked the check boxes.

Luca

Luca Marinelli

Last night I decided to try and completely delete the Astro-Physics folder in Program Files and start from scratch, instead of only deleting the Setup file in the APCC directory. This appears to have solved the problem. I launched the imaging sequence in SGP and the scope slewed to the target, wiithout going off into a pier collision and without needing to manually home the Mach2. I don't know which file was responsible for the runaway behavior but a clean start of APCC fixed the problem.