From: Harold <hfm5022@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 15, 2021 3:51 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 making strange sounds when moving to home position

My Mach2 to it’s making some strange sounds (vibration) when moving to the Home position. It happens in the dec axis moving counter clockwise (north) for the last 15-20 degrees. It will happen with different slew rates I’ve tried both 1200 and 600. It does not happen when I move  the dec axis using the Apcc direction arrows. Only when Apcc is sending the mount to home position.

In case you didn't see my previous e-mail: What is your power source?

The button rates (xand 1200x) are not the same as the slew rate. The slew rate during a move to Home or to any sky position is normally 1800x when you use a 24 volt supply. Your supply might have insufficient power for that speed. Try setting the slew rate to 1000x and see if the noise goes away.

Roland Christen
Astro-Physics Inc.