Topics

Mach2 Keypad tests .. continued

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

Hello again,

During the imaging session after it got dark, I turned the custom rate on to track the object for the next 3 hours. Seeing was poor as shown by Clear Sky Clock, so I wasn't expecting the best resolution out of my 160EDF. It can usually produce 1.4 arc sec FWHM, but tonight was running around 2 arc sec in a 5 minute exposure.

The graph below shows how the mount was tracking the object via the custom modeled rate over the first hour. Below that is one of the individual 5 minute frames showing the roundness and FWHM resolution. The mount pretty well maintained this level of tracking over a 3 hour period, allowing about 30 frames to be captured.