From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Phillips
Sent: Monday, December 6, 2021 1:05 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Mach2 Error Messages

I have recently been getting error messages from the Mach2 while under automated unguided imaging
regarding an "encoder error" or as in the case of the attached, "motor stall". While I am not too concerned
about getting the errors as none of them seems to affect the quality of my images, I am bothered by the fact
that I cannot clear them until I shut down APPC and reopen it. Nothing happens while connected to the mount
when I press either the "View Errors" box above the globe or when I go to "Tools/Error Log Window" and try to
open it. I have version 1.9.0.11. Any suggestions?

Larry Phillips

Larry Phillips

Edited

It appears after updating, the program window must be off the screen.  I have the icon appear on the task bar and when I click on it the full screen appears for a second as it appears that it is minimizing.  How do I grab it from off screen to make it visible?

Larry

Hi Larry

If APCC is running but the window is off screen, you can try this:

left-click on APCC in the task bar, it should bring up a small version of the window. RIght-click on that and choose move, and then without mouse clicking, move your cursor

image.png

[Edited Message Follows]

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Larry Phillips

Brian, thanks for the suggestion but it did not resolve the problem.  So far none of the suggestions I have found online work either.  At one point I managed to get the program to appear to be minimizing from the bottom when previously it was minimizing down from the top.
Larry

That's a bummer Larry

Do you get the move cursor to show up? (the four way arrows). If so, you might try moving around your cursor a lot just to see if you can get it back onto your display.

who knows how far off or in what direction it is

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 3:02 PM Larry Phillips <llp41astro@...> wrote:
Brian, thanks for the suggestion but it did not resolve the problem.  So far none of the suggestions I have found online work either.  At one point I managed to get the program to appear to be minimizing from the bottom when previously it was minimizing down from the top.
Larry

--
Brian

Brian Valente

ap@CaptivePhotons.com

On the task bar try this: hold the shift key down and right click.   If Move is available, select it and do not touch the mouse afterwards (yet).   If Move is not available but Restore is select it, the start over with a shift right click.  The object is to get Move available and select it and then do not move the mouse.

Now touch the right or left arrow on the keyboard.  When you do, the mouse pointer is bound to the window whose icon you used (even of off screen).   Now move the mouse (do not click) until the window shows up and you can drag it wherever you want, click to release.

Larry Phillips

No Joy again.  It appears that the window is behind the desktop, if that is even possible.  When I click on the task bar icon to minimize it, for a brief moment it is now appearing in the middle of the screen.
Larry

Larry Phillips

I am going to wait to hear from Ray but I am thinking about deleting the program and reinstalling it.
Larry

Larry Phillips

A new piece of info.  If the APPC task bar icon is active, and I press enter the Quick Access Controls dialog appears.  If I press enter again, the Terminal Interface opens.  Nothing else after that.
BRTW, all of this is while offline from the mount.
Larry

Frank Widmann

I have had occasions where the APCC error message page appears minimized below the task bar. I just right click it in the minimized state to close it. I then select View Error Messages in APCC and the page appears on the desktop where I can read error messages, delete them and then close the screen.

Frank

On Dec 6, 2021, at 2:56 PM, Larry Phillips <llp41astro@...> wrote:

Brian, thanks for the suggestion but it did not resolve the problem.  So far none of the suggestions I have found online work either.  At one point I managed to get the program to appear to be minimizing from the bottom when previously it was minimizing down from the top.
Larry

Larry Phillips

Before I delete APCC and reinstall, will I lose my APPM pointing model.
Larry

Ray Gralak

Larry,

If you have the menu Settings->Save Window Positions enabled, turn it off. If this is enabled, the window position could have been saved off the screen or even minimized.

-Ray

Before I delete APCC and reinstall, will I lose my APPM pointing model.
Larry

Ray Gralak

Before I delete APCC and reinstall, will I lose my APPM pointing model.
Reinstalling APCC will not help as no settings are deleted.

To reset APCC delete the file c:\ProgramData\Astro-Physics\APCC\Settings.apcc

-Ray