Mach1 Unable to Find Home Position Suddenly

Mikko Viljamaa

I will try this in a moment but I still think this is some simple silly issue we are missing now and which has something to do with the time or location of the mount (or it's assumption of one of these)

- Mikko

Roland Christen

Here is another thing you can try if you have a keypad. Disconnect all external connections and plug the keypad in. Turn power on.

Start the mount from present position
Send the mount to Park3 (don't turn power off)
Send the mount to Park4 (don't turn power off)
repeat the above sequence and see if the mount gets an increasing error.

If the error increases same as with the ASCOM driver, then it points directly to a mechanical slippage problem. Something is slipping in the geartrain between the motor shaft to the RA axis itself. Could even be loose clutch, but I doubt that.