Topics

M81-82 with AP CCDT67

Robert Chozick

I just started using an 8 inch RC and tried the CCDT67 on it.  I spaced it for 67% bringing the f/8 1620mm scope to F/5.3 1075mm.  I really like it and it ends up acting as a flattener to some degree.  My guiding wasn’t great so all stars are a little messed up but I think I am going to keep the CCDT67 in most of the time.  I like shooting at f/5.3 more than f/8.  My other scope is an FSQ-106 so I like using around f/5.

Robert Chozick

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Nice work Robert!

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Robert Chozick

Thanks. I looked at your website. You have some pretty amazing work there.

Robert

On Feb 6, 2020, at 6:37 AM, Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...> wrote:

Nice work Robert!

On Wed, 5 Feb 2020 at 23:03, Robert Chozick via Groups.Io <rchozick=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I just started using an 8 inch RC and tried the CCDT67 on it.  I spaced it for 67% bringing the f/8 1620mm scope to F/5.3 1075mm.  I really like it and it ends up acting as a flattener to some degree.  My guiding wasn’t great so all stars are a little messed up but I think I am going to keep the CCDT67 in most of the time.  I like shooting at f/5.3 more than f/8.  My other scope is an FSQ-106 so I like using around f/5.

Robert Chozick

--

Stuart
http://www.astrofoto.ca/stuartheggie/

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

You are too kind! Much appreciated!

Stuart

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 10:31 AM Robert Chozick via Groups.Io <rchozick=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

That's a very good image. I don't see where the stars are messed up at all.

I just started using an 8 inch RC and tried the CCDT67 on it.  I spaced it for 67% bringing the f/8 1620mm scope to F/5.3 1075mm.  I really like it and it ends up acting as a flattener to some degree.  My guiding wasn’t great so all stars are a little messed up but I think I am going to keep the CCDT67 in most of the time.  I like shooting at f/5.3 more than f/8.  My other scope is an FSQ-106 so I like using around f/5.

Robert Chozick

Robert Chozick

Thanks Roland. I saw a few slight football shapes in the image but looking back I am wondering if those are actually double stars stacked on top of each other.

Robert

On Feb 6, 2020, at 10:48 AM, uncarollo2 <chris1011@...> via Groups.Io <chris1011@...> wrote:

That's a very good image. I don't see where the stars are messed up at all.

I just started using an 8 inch RC and tried the CCDT67 on it.  I spaced it for 67% bringing the f/8 1620mm scope to F/5.3 1075mm.  I really like it and it ends up acting as a flattener to some degree.  My guiding wasn’t great so all stars are a little messed up but I think I am going to keep the CCDT67 in most of the time.  I like shooting at f/5.3 more than f/8.  My other scope is an FSQ-106 so I like using around f/5.

Robert Chozick

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...>

Robert, there is a prominent double right at the edge of M81 and it is well resolved in your image. Maybe that threw you off? I really think you did a great job on this one.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2020 at 12:25, Robert Chozick via Groups.Io <rchozick=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Stuart.

Robert

On Feb 6, 2020, at 12:50 PM, Stuart <stuart.j.heggie@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Hambrick

Hi Robert

This is a great image. Can I ask what sort of focusing technique you are using ?

Best Regards

Michael Hambrick
ARLANXEO
TSR Global Manufacturing Support
PO Box 2000
Orange, TX 77631-2000
Phone: +1 (409) 882-2799
email: mike.hambrick@...

Robert Chozick

Thanks Michael. I use a bahtinov mask and just occasionally refocus on a bright star  I am a software minimalist. I only use Nebulosity and PHD.  What is interesting is that with the carbon fiber tube  on an f8 scope the focus changes very little even with large temperature drops. I never had to refocus.

Robert