M5 - the lonesome Globular

Roland Christen

Hi Astronuts,

While trying out the new ZWO 6200 MC Pro color camera that George graciously lent me, I was rummaging around the early evening sky trying to find something bright and colorful to image. There really isn't much available between the rich galaxy swarms of Spring and the later Milky Way treasures of Summer. I spotted this Glob sitting all by itself in what seems like empty space, at least so it seems from my light polluted site.

The real reason for shooting with this camera was to check out the spacing requirements of our Quad TCC and the 130 GTX refractor. I was also interested to see what kind of resolution to expect using the tiny 3.75 micron pixel CMOS chip with a mere 655mm focal length and 130mm aperture. So, without further ado, here she be:

https://www.astrobin.com/jfm6hf/

The image had to be cropped from the full size in order to upload it to Astrobin. Full size color image is an insane amount of mega-pookles.