M33 from Paris (AP900 + 8" f/4 Newtonian)

Dan_Paris

  Hello everyone,

here is a picture of the Triangulum galaxy from my backyard, 20km from the Eiffel Tower (Bortle 7/8), using my custom 8" f/4 astrograph with a 2.5" Wynne corrector, ASI183mm monochrome camera on an AP900 mount.

Overall there is 8 hours of luminance (FWHM 2" after stacking), 5 hours of H-alpha (FWHM 1.75") and 4 hours of chrominance with RGB filters.

I encourage you to have a look at the full-resolution picture with rather fine details for the aperture:

http://www.astrosurf.com/uploads/monthly_2022_09/Image79.jpg.8f94b2a661a25b2a4e1037b26ef96652.jpg

Thanks for looking and clear skies,

Dan

Karen Christen

Very pleasing result, Dan!

Karen

AP

--
Karen Christen
Astro-Physics

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Wow Dan,

The full resolution image is wonderful.   Very encouraging.   I just purchased the Wynne 2.5" coma corrector and am about to put the finishing touches on my home made 10" F4 Newtonian.   I can't wait until the sky clears around November 1st.

Benoit Schillings

amazing !

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 10:30 PM Emilio J. Robau, P.E.
<ejr@...> wrote:

Wow Dan,

The full resolution image is wonderful. Very encouraging. I just purchased the Wynne 2.5" coma corrector and am about to put the finishing touches on my home made 10" F4 Newtonian. I can't wait until the sky clears around November 1st.

Dan_Paris

Thanks a lot Karen, Emilio and Benoit!

I realized that the link to the full-resolution picture is broken, this one should work : http://www.astrosurf.com/uploads/monthly_2022_09/M33_p.jpg.d2c9d7949d85beced06ad5f518f51a3e.jpg

Emilio I am sure that you will be thrilled with the 2.5" Wynne corrector, it produces very tight stars and is rather immune to unwanted reflections. Looking forward to seeing the first results with your home-made astrograph!

Luca Marinelli

Dan,

The link worked. The Ha structures throughout M33 are so intricate and detailed. If you are interested, there is a great paper by a Marseille astronomy team on a Ha survey of M33 (https://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/pdf/1987A%26A...174...28C). You’ll be able to find all the Ha structures in your image in the plates and annotated figures.

--Luca

Emilio I am sure that you will be thrilled with the 2.5" Wynne corrector, it produces very tight stars and is rather immune to unwanted reflections. Looking forward to seeing the first results with your home-made astrograph!

Dan_Paris

Thanks Luca for this interesting read!

Here is my H-alpha layer (not using a 6-meter telescope though): http://www.astrosurf.com/uploads/monthly_2022_09/M33halpha.jpg.db2fb8942411fb3ee5c9c2f4a80bb708.jpg

best regards,