From: Arvind <base16@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Sep 23, 2022 1:02 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] M33 from CalStar 2022

Shot using 900GTO & FSQ106 at f/5 with 2400MC Pro OSC camera, imaged using ASIAIR & an iOS app.

Just shy of 3½ hours total, including an auto-meridian flip. Polar Alignment was less than a 1-arcmin, and guided using a 120mm guidescope. Guide settings were 600 for all values (Calib. step, Max RA & Dec duration) in ASIAIR.

Love this setup for portable multi-night imaging (I'm at a star party). Not a single sub lost out of the 100 subs from last night, and the image is not cropped, as well.

Arvind

Thanks Roland. I used Astro Pixel Processor for processing.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 11:07 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Very nice processing. What software are you using to process the image?

Shot using 900GTO & FSQ106 at f/5 with 2400MC Pro OSC camera, imaged using ASIAIR & an iOS app.

Just shy of 3½ hours total, including an auto-meridian flip. Polar Alignment was less than a 1-arcmin, and guided using a 120mm guidescope. Guide settings were 600 for all values (Calib. step, Max RA & Dec duration) in ASIAIR.

Love this setup for portable multi-night imaging (I'm at a star party). Not a single sub lost out of the 100 subs from last night, and the image is not cropped, as well.

Is there an advantage to this program versus Pix Insight? I haven't tried either one. My main processing path is to do what I can in MaximDL and then process further in Photoshop.

Thanks Roland. I used Astro Pixel Processor for processing.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 11:07 AM Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Very nice processing. What software are you using to process the image?

Shot using 900GTO & FSQ106 at f/5 with 2400MC Pro OSC camera, imaged using ASIAIR & an iOS app.

Just shy of 3½ hours total, including an auto-meridian flip. Polar Alignment was less than a 1-arcmin, and guided using a 120mm guidescope. Guide settings were 600 for all values (Calib. step, Max RA & Dec duration) in ASIAIR.

Love this setup for portable multi-night imaging (I'm at a star party). Not a single sub lost out of the 100 subs from last night, and the image is not cropped, as well.

Bill Long

APP is a bit easier to use than PI, but does not have the full kit of power that PI does. APP is wonderful at Mosaics though, much easier to do in APP than PI.

[...]

Dean Jacobsen

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 11:02 AM, Arvind wrote:
Shot using 900GTO & FSQ106 at f/5 with 2400MC Pro OSC camera, imaged using ASIAIR & an iOS app.
Excellent image Arvind.  The ASI2400MC full frame camera is an excellent match with the FSQ-106 at f/5.  I started using the same camera with the FSQ at gain 158 and then have recently been shooting at gain0 to take advantage of the large well capacity so as to preserve more star color.  With the FSQ + 645 reducer combo [f/3.6] I was saturating almost all of the stars in the field at gain 158.  :-)  The camera is fairly new to me so I am still in the process of trying to optimize things.

--
Dean Jacobsen

Arvind