M16 from my new observatory

Robert Chozick

I just finished my new observatory in NW Texas and this is my first image there and with my new ZWO ASI2600MM mono cmos camera. I am so excited to have a permanent observatory setup ready to image at any time. It is a 4 hour drive but the skies are almost Bortle 1.

https://pbase.com/rchozick/image/171729912

R Botero

Excellent Robert - congratulations on your new dark place!

Roberto

DFisch

You can feel the joy and satisfaction with this kind of post! Thanks for sharing and congratulation, Tom

--
TJF MOBILE

Mike Dodd

On 6/19/2021 12:44 AM, Robert Chozick via groups.io wrote:
I just finished my new observatory in NW Texas and this is my first
image there and with my new ZWO ASI2600MM mono cmos camera.
https://pbase.com/rchozick/image/171729912
Congratulations on a very nice image and a new observatory!

Would you be willing to contact me off-list? My wife and I have considered moving from Virginia to Texas, and I'm interested in hearing your comments. If so, please click the "Contact" link at the bottom of the navigation bar on my website: <http://astronomy.mdodd.com>

Thank you.

--- Mike

Jeff B

VERY nice!

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 9:02 AM Mike Dodd <mike@...> wrote:
On 6/19/2021 12:44 AM, Robert Chozick via groups.io wrote:
> I just finished my new observatory in NW Texas and this is my first
> image there and with my new ZWO ASI2600MM mono cmos camera.
> https://pbase.com/rchozick/image/171729912

Congratulations on a very nice image and a new observatory!

Would you be willing to contact me off-list? My wife and I have
considered moving from Virginia to Texas, and I'm interested in hearing
your comments. If so, please click the "Contact" link at the bottom of
the navigation bar on my website: <http://astronomy.mdodd.com>

Thank you.

--- Mike

M Hambrick

Very nice image Robert.

Which equipment do you leave set up at your observatory ? I presume that you have a roll-off roof or something similar and that the mount is permanently set up and has been or will be precisely polar aligned. Do you leave anything else (scope, camera) set up ? I ask because NW Texas gets really hot in the summer as well as really cold in the winter. Do you have any kind of climate control for your observatory ? In addition to the drive, how long does it take you to get set up for a night of observing / imaging once you get there ?

I would love to set up some kind of permanent or semi-permanent observatory in my back yard, but I worry that the mount will not do well in the heat. Summertime temperatures here in Southeast Texas routinely get into the upper 90's, and inside an enclosure such as a roll-off roof observatory the temperature will easily reach 120 - 130 Deg F.

Mike

Craig Smith

Hey Robert,

Congratulations! I saw some of the boys in New Mexico last month and they were telling me about your new place. That should provide a lot of entertaining hours.

Craig Smith

Roland Christen

Fantastic!