Lost power, APCC flashing’No response from mount’, how best to recover

michael mccann

We lost power to my area for about 4 to 5 hours.
Mount is weights East, seems to have stop at horizon limit. APCC is flashing TCP button and telescope position is flashing ‘No Response From Mount’
I haven’t found a manual entry covering power loss. What process would you like users to recover from this scenario?

Thanks

Mike

Ray Gralak

Michael,

The mount will remember its position when power is lost.  When power is restored you can reconnect to the mount in APCC, and APCC will reinitialize the mount. You can then park the mount, continue with imaging, etc.

You can stop the flashing and clear the errors by clicking the “Clear Errors” button in APCC’s Error Log window. Here is a screenshot showing the button to click:

-Ray