Leo Galaxy Tour

Roland Christen

Hello Astronuts,

While visiting Hawaii in the spring of last year I had a few clear nights and did a galaxy tour in Leo. Here are some of the images. All were short exposures, snapshots if you will, and I was mainly concentrating in resolving the cores of these galaxies at the expense of the deeper field. Thus the short exposures of 300 to 600 seconds in order to prevent saturating the cores and blowing up the detail. I only had a few days that were suitable for imaging these cool galaxies. All were taken with the 175 EDF on the 1600 Encoder mount, unguided.

https://www.astrobin.com/um0g02/
https://www.astrobin.com/fwk2ce/
https://www.astrobin.com/g34h6r/
https://www.astrobin.com/aj8xuq/

They are in my staging area, I'm too embarrassed to show them to the rest of the Astrobin crowd Grin

Eric Weiner

Embarrassed? Don’t be silly Roland. They’re beautifully rendered considering the amount of data you collected for each, especially NGC2903 imho.

Eric

Roland Christen

Thanx. I usually don't have much time for imaging on a short vacation.