Lassen Trifid Nebula

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

Here is an image of the Trifid nebula from Lassen Volcanic
National Park in Northeastern California. It was taken with
my 10" RC Optical Systems Ritchey (at f/9), ST-8E, riding on
my AP 1200GTO mount.

15 minutes luminance and 12 minutes each RGB (2x2 binned). The scope
was a little out of collimation and thus some of the stars have
funny shapes. I wonder if the AP 10" MCT's are easier to collimate??

http://www.gralak.com/Astro/Trifid-LRGB-RCOS-Reduced.jpg

-Ray Gralak

sreilly@...

Great Image Ray. Can't wait to get my C-11 on the AP-900GTO.

Steve

http://click.egroups.com/1/5533/7/_/3615/_/963192707/

Mark Jenkins <markj@...>

on 7/9/00 8:32 PM, Ray Gralak at ray@gralak.com wrote:

I wonder if the AP 10" MCT's are easier to collimate??
I think MCT's are permanently collimated at the factory. There are no
collimation adjustment screws.

--
Mark

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

That would be nice! :-)

I wonder if the AP 10" MCT's are easier to collimate??
I think MCT's are permanently collimated at the factory. There are no
collimation adjustment screws.

--
Mark

Win $5000! Click Here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5940/7/_/3615/_/963196524/

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

The Meade MCT may be permanently collimated, but the Mak-Cass scopes I've
used (Intes, and an older Tom Dobbins scope) had push-pull collimation of
both primary and secondary.

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

I wonder if the AP 10" MCT's are easier to collimate??
I think MCT's are permanently collimated at the factory. There are no
collimation adjustment screws.

--
Mark

Win $5000! Click Here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/5940/7/_/3615/_/963196524/

Paul Gustafson <drgus@...>

From Company 7's page on the AP Mak-Cass:

"The 10" Mak optical tube assemblies were designed right from the start with
trouble-free precision being the dominant goal. This means the optical
collimation is set at the factory and does not change for the life of the
instrument. To achieve this, all optics are accurately centered, including
the mirror backs. The secondary mirror is actually an aluminized spot on the
back surface (r2) of corrector lens, and so this component is maintained in
perfect collimation forever."

Gus

The Meade MCT may be permanently collimated, but the Mak-Cass scopes I've
used (Intes, and an older Tom Dobbins scope) had push-pull collimation of
both primary and secondary.

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

I wonder if the AP 10" MCT's are easier to collimate??
I think MCT's are permanently collimated at the factory. There are no
collimation adjustment screws.

--
Mark

Ron Wodaski <ronw@...>

Cool; another very good feature. I think I can trust AP to get such a
feature done right; normally, I balk at "permanent collimation" "features".
<g>

Ron Wodaski
http://www.newastro.com

I wonder if the AP 10" MCT's are easier to collimate??
I think MCT's are permanently collimated at the factory. There are no
collimation adjustment screws.

--
Mark

Old school buds here: