Keypad Recalibrate with CP5/Mach2

Stacey Mills

I have an updated keypad with my Mach2 but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get recalibrate to work.  The only Keypad manual I can find is the one from version 4.19.3 and a LOT has changed since then.  Am I missing something??  Thanks!

Konstantin von Poschinger

In the PDF:

Recalibrate
Recalibrate is used to correct the calibration of the mount if an object that you just slewed to does not appear in the center of the field. Recalibrate can be used even when the object is past the meridian and the telescope is below the mount.
Simply press the RECAL and NEXT> buttons simultaneously to recalibrate on your object. The keypad will beep to confirm that the command has been issued.
In the GTOCP4/5, you can send the mount to an object via a GoTo slew using an external planetarium program, then center and recalibrate using the keypad.
NOTE: You can only use the recalibration option if the keypad has the target object in its memory, i.e. you just gave a slew command via the keypad or external program and the keypad already knows it should be at that object. You CANNOT use this option if you manually move the telescope to another position, since the keypad would have no way of knowing what that object is.

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 25.09.2021 um 00:38 schrieb Stacey Mills <w4sm@...>:

I have an updated keypad with my Mach2 but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get recalibrate to work.  The only Keypad manual I can find is the one from version 4.19.3 and a LOT has changed since then.  Am I missing something??  Thanks!

Stacey Mills

Edited

Thanks!  That did it.  I didn't see the RECAL + NEXT> documented anywhere!  Which PDF is that in?

Konstantin von Poschinger

Thats the PDF for the keypad 5. You can find it in the io usergroup for the keypad5.

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 25.09.2021 um 04:33 schrieb Stacey Mills <w4sm@...>:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks!  That did it.  I didn't see the RECAL + NEXT> documented anywhere!  Which PDF is that in?

Stacey Mills

Sorry to seem like an idiot but I've searched ap-ug and ap-gto for "keypad5, keypad, keypad 5," including the files.  I even did a general search of IO groups and I can't find it.

Konstantin von Poschinger

Keypad-V5@ap-gto.groups.io

Grüsse

Konstantin v. Poschinger

Hammerichstr. 5
22605 Hamburg
040/8805747
0171/1983476

Am 25.09.2021 um 14:56 schrieb Stacey Mills <w4sm@...>:

Sorry to seem like an idiot but I've searched ap-ug and ap-gto for "keypad5, keypad, keypad 5," including the files.  I even did a general search of IO groups and I can't find it.

Hello Stacey,

I have verified that you recently received your Mach2GTO. Congratulations! Since you own a Mach2 and have a keypad, I will send an invitation to join the Keypad-V5 group which is only available to Mach2 owners at this time.

Keypad-V5@ap-gto.groups.io

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

Sorry to seem like an idiot but I've searched ap-ug and ap-gto for "keypad5, keypad, keypad 5," including the files.  I even did a general search of IO groups and I can't find it.

The manual is in the Wiki section.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics