Keypad not beeping

Geoff Smith

I have noticed that when doing a recalibrate the keypad no longer beeps. Is there a beep on/off function somewhere. If so, I haven’t been able to find it.
Geoff

Jeff B

Well, I hate to suggest this but, for me, I can no longer hear the beep due to failing hearing.  I need my hearing aids.

Jeff

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 2:11 AM Geoff Smith <ghsmith45@...> wrote:
I have noticed that when doing a recalibrate the keypad no longer beeps. Is there a beep on/off function somewhere. If so, I haven’t been able to find it.
Geoff

CaptMax

My keypad is a very early edition, one of the first couple hundred built. It developed a constant beep awhile back so I decided to send it in for a software update, cleaning, new battery, and hopefully a repair for the constant beep tone it developed. Short of disconnecting the speaker I am left with the noise. Having hearing aids but not always wearing them that constant noise seems to be less annoying. Lol
I wish I could determine what is causing it regardless. Otherwise it is as good as the day it was built.

Geoff Smith

If I remember correctly it stopped after a battery change and subsequent necessary reload. Maybe I somehow disconnected the audio bit while I was fiddling around inside it.

fernandorivera3

I think the only time I hear mine beep is when I confirm a RCAL aka "recalibrate" on an object.

Fernando