Keypad issue - Fails to boot, just a blinking red square in upper left hand corner

steve.winston@...

Hey,

When I powered up my AP1100 mount yesterday evening the keypad failed to boot - all I get is a single flashing red square in the upper left hand corner.   It had been working fine the previous nights.   Multiple power cycles didn't resolve the issue

A new battery went in January this year, so I'm guessing that's not it.   Any suggestions on how to remedy or does it need to be shipped back to AP to be checked out?

thanks!

Steve

Howard Hedlund

Hi Steve,

It seems that your keypad has lost its programming and is now in firmware-load mode.  I do not know how or why that would happen unless a reset procedure had been run. (We call the reset procedure the 3-finger salute.)  I have seen this happen out of the blue only one or two times in the 16 years that I’ve been at AP, but it has happened.

The fix will be to simply reload your keypad’s firmware.  Here is a link to assist you. 

https://www.astro-physics.com/software-updates/ 

You can also feel free to call me for further assistance.

Mag. 7 or Better Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

AP Phone: 815-282-1513

Direct Phone:  815-315-7015

www.astro-physics.com

Please include this e-mail with your response.

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of steve.winston@...
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 13:14
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Keypad issue - Fails to boot, just a blinking red square in upper left hand corner

Hey,

When I powered up my AP1100 mount yesterday evening the keypad failed to boot - all I get is a single flashing red square in the upper left hand corner.   It had been working fine the previous nights.   Multiple power cycles didn't resolve the issue

A new battery went in January this year, so I'm guessing that's not it.   Any suggestions on how to remedy or does it need to be shipped back to AP to be checked out?

thanks!

Steve

steve.winston@...

Thanks Howard - will give that a try and report back! 

steve.winston@...

Hi Howard,

Unfortunately re-flashing the firmware didn't help.   

The flashing process completed successfully - got all the way to Done... and popped up the Keypad Controller Post-Load Checklist screen, but after power cycling the mount, the keypad comes back to the same flashing square in the upper left hand corner.

Not sure if there is anything else you want me to try or I should just plan to send it in?

thanks,

Steve