keypad blinking

Bobby Middleton <bobm@...>

I noticed a problem last night with the keypad to my AP 1200 mount. I have
seen this one other night maybe 2 months ago and none in between these 2
times. I saw the keypad blink off for a second, then it came back on but
appeared to be re-booted. It also happened during each of 3 film exposures.
Each time the keypad would appear to re-boot including the start-up setting
of 64 for slew speed. However, guide corrections continued at 1x with st-4
tracking so it did not mess up the exposures. I would re-set slew speed to
1x when starting another exposure but during all 3 exposures it re-booted.
This sounds like a loose connection but it occurred every time with the
keypad set down and not being moved or josseled around. Any clues?
Bobby Middleton

howard lazarus <lazhow@...>

Hi Bobby;

Well I thought I was the only one. My keypad also blinks off but only the
background lighting on the numbers and N E W S pad. I too did not lose
slewing and or tracking abilities, but, just did not wish to bother Marj on
this problem. I thought I wait for that new computer chip which is always
coming soon but never quite makes it...same for version 3.0 on the
digitalsky software.Keep us informed on any other problems.
Howard Lazarus

I noticed a problem last night with the keypad to my AP 1200 mount. I have
seen this one other night maybe 2 months ago and none in between these 2
times. I saw the keypad blink off for a second, then it came back on but
appeared to be re-booted. It also happened during each of 3 film
exposures.
Each time the keypad would appear to re-boot including the start-up
setting
of 64 for slew speed. However, guide corrections continued at 1x with st-4
tracking so it did not mess up the exposures. I would re-set slew speed to
1x when starting another exposure but during all 3 exposures it re-booted.
This sounds like a loose connection but it occurred every time with the
keypad set down and not being moved or josseled around. Any clues?
Bobby Middleton

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! Rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points,
no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the
credit you deserve! Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/913/2/_/3615/_/951393542/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ap-gto&m=1

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

Hi Bobby,

It sounds like you may have an intermittent power loss or perhaps your
power supply is running low on power? I think I saw this once on my 1200GTO
when the power from my battery was low. After I improved the connection
from the battery to the mount and kept my battery charged I never saw it again.

-Ray Gralak

[...]

Hi Ray,

Appreciate your input, however, I use a direct current source...the
keypad(or my keypad) blinks off and then comes back on again without my
turning off or rebooting......there is something more to this and I feel it
has to do with the pad itself. Maybe a overheating devise that turns off and
on to keep the keypad at a reasonable heat level??????How does that
sound????
Regards
Howard L

[...]

http://click.egroups.com/1/913/2/_/3615/_/951398952/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto/

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

Wait,
are you saying your keypad completly shutdown. Ie: goes back to the
opening menu, where the version number is displayed?? or do you see it
blink, and then you are back to the point where you left off??

if it goes all the back to the begging then this is a power issue, or
something in my code is blinking the unit into a reset. I do not see how
...but it is something we have to look at.

please report everyone what version numbers of the code you are running on
the hand controller??

- Charles Sinsofsky
Astro-Physics Inc.

[...]

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets you
see, consolidate, and manage all of your finances all in one place.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1636/2/_/3615/_/951400760/

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=ap-gto&m=1

Ray Gralak <ray@...>

Hi Howard,

Since it is the middle of winter it seens unlikely that the
keypad would be able to overheat. I still would double check your
power connection (wiggle it) to see if you get an intermittent
power loss.

-Ray Gralak

----------
[...]

Hi Charles;
Thanks for the come back. Blink means that the backlight to the numbers on
the pad and the north south east west button goes out. The back light goes
out but....the main display stays on!!!!!After a few minutes the backlight
comes back on. Now i use direct current...it is not a battery problem...it
is not a power problem...it may be a loose connection or contact somewhere
????/

[...]

@Backup-The Easiest Way to Protect and Access your files.
Automatic backups and off-site storage of your critical data. Install
your FREE trial today and have a chance to WIN a digital camera!
Click here.
http://click.egroups.com/1/1830/2/_/3615/_/951404583/

-- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=ap-gto&m=1

Charles Sinsofsky <strfire@...>

Howard, cal Marj about that one, I spoke with her, she and I both feel that
is hardware issue, the hand controller internal lights wire connector for
the backlightling may of come loose, talk to marj ok! or christine at a/p I
am sure they will fix you right up with that one my friend.

[...]

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates as low as 2.9%
Intro or 9.9% Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/915/2/_/3615/_/951424832/

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=ap-gto&m=1

howard lazarus <lazhow@...>

Thanks Charles...info is appreciated
Howard

[...]

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as
0.0% Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no
http://click.egroups.com/1/966/2/_/3615/_/951750592/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto/