Keypad 4.19.5 unsuccessful upload

Peter Nagy

Hello,

I've been trying to upload Keypad version 4.19.5 firmware to my Keypad that was previously version 4.19.3 but no success yet. The first two times I tried to upload Keypad version 4.19.5 to my Keypad was unsuccessful and I allowed two hours each time for uploading when it should have taken about 20 minutes according to A-P instructions.

I followed A-P "Upgrading Your Keypad to 4.19.5 - Code Only Java Keypad Loader" documentation as close as possible. I got as far as to Step #7 under "Keypad Code Load" and it stayed stuck at "Completed 20% of Code Load" as shown in first screenshot.

Here are the two screenshots of trying to upload to Keypad version 4.19.5 to my keypad.

The first screenshot showed only 20% completion of upload after two hours of trying. The second screenshot shows status of Keypad after two hours of uploading without success.

Please advise me what I could do for successful uploading of Keypad version 4.19.5. Now my Keypad is totally useless because it does not any longer boot to previous 4.19.3 version. My Keypad serial number is 3771GTO which is well above the minimum Keypad serial number of 1565GTO.

I have been successful uploading three previous versions Keypad in the past without issues since owning first run A-P1100GTO mount (October 2013). This is my first time using Java Keypad Loader and it was not successful.

Thank you,
Peter

Suresh Mohan

Peter ,
     I did that two years ago had hell , I’m trying to recall how I finally did it. If im not mistaken it was a cable issue . How do u connect to the pc ?
Suresh

On Nov 2, 2021, at 8:29 AM, Peter Nagy <topboxman@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Suresh,

I am using USB cable from USB port of CP4 to PC's USB port via powered USB hub . Device Manager says this port was assigned to COM 3 port.

Peter

Peter Nagy

Yes, my CP4 firmware version is P02-08.

Peter

Peter,

Give Howard a call on Tuesday for assistance.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

[...]

It's not possible for me to call with a telephone because I am deaf. I cannot use TTY because I don't have landline. TTY is not possible with cell phone.

It appears that the Keypad Loader is working up to a point and hangs at 20% completion. Is it possible my Keypad does not have enough memory space? Like I said earlier, the serial number is 3771GTO.

Would it be possible to communicate with me using e-mail? Can you send me further instructions on how to get my Keypad working again? Or would it be better if I ship the Keypad to you? The Keypad is 8 years old and it's probably due for a battery replacement.

My e-mail address is:

pnagy at sbcglobal dot net

Peter

fernandorivera3

Version 4.19.5 keypad firmware is available for download? Is this a recent development or did this happen many moons ago? I thought 4.19.3 was the current version- guess I'm wrong about this.

Fernando

Peter Nagy

Peter Nagy

Should I install CP4-P01-14 in CP4 so I can re-install keypad 4.19.3? If successful, I then can re-install VCPx-P02-08 in CP4?

Peter

Howard Hedlund

AP GTO Keypad firmware v.4.19.3 is loaded using a Windows program that you install.  It shouldn’t care whether the GTOCP4’s firmware is VCP4-P01-xx or VCP4-P02-xx.  The Java loader used with v.4.19.5 is for CP4s with P02-xx and later.

Mag. 7 or Better Skies!

Howard Hedlund

Astro-Physics, Inc.

AP Phone: 815-282-1513

Direct Phone:  815-315-7015

www.astro-physics.com

P Consider the environment before printing this e-mail.