Is the apcc license transferable when I sell my old mount with CP4?

Tom Blahovici

Hi
There is a mention of the pro version with encoders but not the standard in the license agreement.
Thanks, Tom

Tom Blahovici

Same thing with pempro. I am getting delivery of a ap1100 and they include the software.
Thanks

The current license agreement does not allow transfer of any version of APCC. However, we are reviewing the policy and considering amending the license agreement to allow transfers with the sale of a mount.

I think what you are referring to is APAE, which is the Astro-Physics Absolute Encoder Utility. This is the software program that we provided to early users of the absolute encoders before APCC was updated to include control. The license agreement states:

APAE: This Software Product may be transferred without charge along with the AstroPhysics mount on which the Absolute Encoders are installed. You must provide AstroPhysics with the name and address of the person to whom you are transferring the rights granted herein. The recipient must provide a bill of sale and agree in writing to all terms of this License Agreement in order to have the Software registered in their name.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics

11250 Forest Hills Road

Machesney Park, IL 61115

Phone: 815-282-1513

www.astro-physics.com

From: main@ap-gto.groups.io <main@ap-gto.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 3:01 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: [ap-gto] Is the apcc license transferable when I sell my old mount with CP4?

Hi

There is a mention of the pro version with encoders but not the standard in the license agreement.
Thanks, Tom

Tom Blahovici

Yes. You are right.
It would be good though to allow the sale of a complete mount and allow transfer of the license. 
Thanks Mark

Best regards, Tom

Ray Gralak

Same thing with pempro. I am getting delivery of a ap1100 and they include the software.
It is CCDWare's policy that PEMPro licenses purchased from the CCDWare site are not sellable/transferable. This is the case with most software these days.

However, if you received a PEMPro license with an A-P mount, the PEMPro license goes with the mount if the mount is sold. The previous owner is no longer entitled to use that specific license. If the previous owner never registered the software, the new owner can register PEMPro for himself at no cost. If the previous owner had registered PEMPro, and the new owner wishes to use that PEMPro license, then there will be a transfer fee.

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Blahovici
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 1:47 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Is the apcc license transferable when I sell my old mount with CP4?

Thanks