From: main@ap-gto.groups.io [mailto:main@ap-gto.groups.io] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2020 3:55 PM
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Initial GoTo In APCC Pro Cause Nose or Tail Dive

Aloha Ray,

I just sent you the screen shots via email.

Once I slew more than 10 degrees (in either direction), stop the slew, the DEC reads 00 00 00. While slewing and
holding down the left
mouse button, I can see the DEC coordinates actually slewing/changing. But after stopping the slew, the DEC
coordinates revert to 00 00 00
Kind of strange...

After pressing the 'find home' button, the DEC displays the coordinates correctly (after the slew stops) and like what
you're seeing in your screen shot
Hope the screen shots help, thanks!

John

Ray Gralak

Hi John,

I just wanted to follow up with you on this issue. Did turning off pointing and tracking rate correction fix the issue?

I am guessing the data for the pointing model you are using may have been gathered with a "bad" version of the ASCOM platform. Specifically, the initial release of the ASCOM 6.5 platform had a severe bug that caused every J2000 to local apparent epoch transformation to have the same RA/Dec. This bug essentially rendered the pointing model useless.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

I just sent you the screen shots via email.

Once I slew more than 10 degrees (in either direction), stop the slew, the DEC reads 00 00 00. While slewing and
holding down the left
mouse button, I can see the DEC coordinates actually slewing/changing. But after stopping the slew, the DEC
coordinates revert to 00 00 00
Kind of strange...

After pressing the 'find home' button, the DEC displays the coordinates correctly (after the slew stops) and like what
you're seeing in your screen shot
Hope the screen shots help, thanks!

John

John

Aloha Ray,

  Yes sir, that FIXED IT!!  Thank you and sorry about all the confusion and trouble!

  I was logged onto this forum earlier, but missed the '2nd page'

  Via apcc, after connecting, manual slews worked with no problem, the dec coordinates display.  Tried a goto to Deneb and no problem!  I disconnected and reconnected again and
everything is good!  Never touched the 'find home button.'    Other than the sidereal tracking rate, I'm not seeing the  "extremely high tracking rate"  that you mentioned.

  I did have the ascom platform 6.5 installed a month or two ago, and Howard got me squared away with that (ie un-install it and use ver 6.4).  I haven't got to the point of
actually using the modeling module yet.  However, I was in the modeling tab last week to look around and I guess I must have enabled the pointing and tracking modeling.options
(when basically there was no 'real' model to use).  Thanks again for all your help!!  I'll be more careful

      John

Ray Gralak

Hi John,

Okay, thanks!

I am glad that worked! :-)

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

[...]

  Me to!  just user error!

  In regard to that high tracking rate that you saw, I looked for that also, but couldn't find it.  Do you have a menu path to view that high tracking rate or
does it go away when the pointing/tracking options are deselected?  Was wondering if that's something to look at when modeling (later on)  Thanks!

      John

Ray Gralak

Hi John,

It was in one of the screenshots in the word document you sent to me via email. I've attached the screen shot of it.

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro