Images 6/12 and 6/18

RCK <rkuberek@...>

Hi all,

I posted new images with the AP600 mount at my site

http://sciastro.net/flashca/index.htm

including M16 and NGC 4565. Skies were unusually dark here last night
in the 'burbs, about mag 4.5 or maybe a little better.

During the evening I did one track-and-accumulate image. Here are
the offsets, in arcsec. The object was NGC 4565. The exposures were
30 sec. each.

dec ra
0.0 0.0
0.0 -5.1
-1.7 -3.4
-1.7 0.0
-3.4 0.0
-3.4 -1.7
-3.4 -13.6
-5.1 -18.7
-5.1 -20.4
-5.1 -15.3

Dec drift is pretty steady, but I am getting a range of up to +/-10 sec. in
RA. Some of the movement in RA could be drift due to polar alignment,
I guess, but there's a good bit of back-and-forth too.

Bob Kuberek

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ap-gto