From: CurtisC via groups.io <calypte@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Sep 18, 2020 2:32 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Hex-key size for spur gears in old-style Mach1GTO gearbox

What is the size of the hex-key needed for the set screws on the spur gears in the old-style Mach1 gearbox?  They are smaller than the 0.050" that I have in my hex-key sets.  I do not believe that the spur gears are loose on either axis, but I currently have no way to tighten them if they are.

CurtisC

Thank you.  That's what I want to know.  I hadn't really looked at the spur gear on the worm.  I have a metric kit with the required hex key for the motor.

CurtisC

The spur gear on the motor needs something smaller than 1.5 mm.  However, knowing that it's metric is helpful.  I thought I sensed a slight turn of the screw when I put the 5/64" on the worm's spur gear.  We'll find out tonight.