Topics

Help, my Mach2 seems to be lost #APCC #Mach2GTO

Marcelo Figueroa

Edited

(Just in case, I am located in the southern hemisphere)

Tonight I finally had the opportunity to test my Mach2. First during the day I installed my equipment and balanced the mount, then I manually left it in Park3.

Later during the night I performed the polar alignment and then a couple of slew using APCC Pro, then when trying to send the mount back to Park 3 it started to turn in the opposite direction, pointing towards the center of the Earth.

Then I disconnected everything and put the mount manually  back in park 3 and performed a unpark from the last position. The RA axis seems to work well, but DEC insists on trying to point it towards the center of the Earth when starting a park 3.

My question is, is there any way to perform an unpark from park 3?, basically I want to tell the mount: at this moment you are in the park 3 position (I remember that in the case of Mach1 one of the menus allowed that).

Thanks

>>> My question is, is there any way to perform an unpark from park 3?,

yes - when you unpark in APCC, change "unpark from last park" to "unpark from Park 3"

[Edited Message Follows]

--
Brian

Brian Valente

Marcelo Figueroa

Thank you for your response, unfortunately that option is not available for the Mach2. The only option is Last Park.

R Botero

Marcelo
Use the driver to do this as a last resort with no APCC connected. Then go back to your usual arrangement. The other option is to use your hand pad if you bought one with your mount.
Roberto

eckhard.voelcker@...

Marcelo,

> but DEC insists on trying to point it towards the center of the Earth when starting a park 3.

My Mach2 (also in the Southern Hemisphere) does the same. This seems to be a bug and I have reported this already to George at A-P. I use the Find Home button in the AE  Tab from APCC instead of Park 3.

I use "Find Home" before polar alignment. I send the mount back "Home" before quitting APCC and and use "wake up from last park" when I start APCC. This works perfectly.

Eckhard

Marcelo Figueroa

Ok thanks. I will try that tonight

Ray Gralak

Hi Eckard,

Can you tell me if it is only Park 3 that is not working correctly?

-Ray Gralak
Author of PEMPro

but DEC insists on trying to point it towards the center of the Earth when starting a park 3.
My Mach2 (also in the Southern Hemisphere) does the same. This seems to be a bug and I have reported this
already to George at A-P. I use the Find Home button in the AE Tab from APCC instead of Park 3.

I use "Find Home" before polar alignment. I send the mount back "Home" before quitting APCC and and use
"wake up from last park" when I start APCC. This works perfectly.

Eckhard

uncarollo2 <chris1011@aol.com>

hello Marcelo,

We will send you information that will fix your issue with parking with APCC. Please ignore the first e-mail that Marj sent, she will send you another one soon.

[...]

Hello Marcello,

I have sent a link to new version for your GTOCP5 that will solve your problem. Please ignore the first email that I sent. Look for the one that says it is the second email.  Thank you.

Clear Skies,

Marj Christen

Astro-Physics, Inc

11250 Forest Hills Rd