From: AaronW <aaron.wilhelm@...>
To: main@ap-gto.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jan 4, 2022 8:30 pm
Subject: [ap-gto] Help! Mach2 suddenly lost #Mach2GTO

Looking for some quick help so as not to waste a clear, moonless night!  I've been using my Mach2 with no issues for weeks.  Suddenly, tonight when I slew to an object (using Stellarium), the mount sends the scope in the opposite direction.  I must have pressed something to change a setting but I can't imagine what.  Whenever I "find home" the mount returns to the Northern Celestial Pole.  But once I slew anywhere after that, it goes the wrong direction.

Is there a quick fix for this?

AaronW

Thank you for the speedy reply.  No problems with the settings the planetarium program, but I killed the power and rebooted everything and all is working now so I'm happy :)

Roland Christen

Great!

Musta been some funky setting in your planetarium program. The mount will always go where it's told to go if RA/Dec are sent correctly and time is set properly. I assume you are using the ASCOM driver. You can very quickly check in the driver what the universal time is and the overhead hour angle (meridian RA number). That's always a good sanity check on your laptop settings.