GTOCP4 Caps

Pete Mumbower

Just going thru my newly arrived 1100GTO boxes and I came across the bag of plastic caps that Karen mentioned above. Here is a picture of all that is included, though I am not sure what the two cone shaped items go to yet. Looks to cover every port on the CP4 that I received.

M Hambrick

Hi Pete

Those cone shaped plugs are used to plug the drain / vent holes in the bottom of the GTOCP4 housing. Tony (a.k.a. Harley Davidson) made an excellent video a couple years ago about the need to have drain holes in the housing to allow condensate to drain out.

Mike

M Hambrick

Hi again Ken

I just received a shipment notice from Mouser for the RM15TR-C(71) caps. I was worried that they might substitute the same one that they recommended for you, but they are sending the ones that I ordered. I will find out when they arrive on Monday April 26.

FYI - These caps shipped from Mouser Canada. I don't know if they have more than one location, but it is possible that they were only out of stock at the particular location you were trying to buy them from.

I will keep you posted.

Mike

Joe Zeglinski

Question to the group.

    Can anyone think of a logical  reason to plug “drainage holes”  with those rubber cones?
Do we really want to make sure that any dew or other source of moisture  leaking into the controller, should be kept inside?
The only thing I can think of is to keep any itsy-bitsy bugs out – but then why drill the two holes into the case, in the first place?
Perhaps that is covered somewhere in the user guide :-)

Joe