Full century reached

Roland Christen

Hi fellow Astronuts,

Tonight I am celebrating the completion of the 1000th 130 lens in the GT/GTX series. So, I wonder who will get this scope? Thinking face

Rolando

Champagne perhaps?

Cheng-Yang Tan

Congrats! I’m really lucky to have a 130GT.

On Saturday, March 26, 2022, 5:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011@...> wrote:

Hi fellow Astronuts,

Tonight I am celebrating the completion of the 1000th 130 lens in the GT/GTX series. So, I wonder who will get this scope? Thinking face

Rolando

Champagne perhaps?

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

Mr. Christen’s version of a thousand points of light.  A gift to amateur astronomers everywhere.

Tonight I am celebrating the completion of the 1000th 130 lens in the GT/GTX series. So, I wonder who will get this scope? Thinking face

Rolando

Champagne perhaps?

Jeff B

Me.  But you had better sign it Roland.  😁🔭

Jeff

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 6:54 PM Cheng-Yang Tan via groups.io <cytan299=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Congrats! I’m really lucky to have a 130GT.

cytan

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Saturday, March 26, 2022, 5:18 PM, Roland Christen via groups.io <chris1011=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi fellow Astronuts,

Tonight I am celebrating the completion of the 1000th 130 lens in the GT/GTX series. So, I wonder who will get this scope? Thinking face

Rolando

Champagne perhaps?

Marcelo Figueroa

Congratulations!  I, happy to accept it.  😁

Howard Ritter

Congratulations, Roland! But if this is the 1000th, shouldn’t that be a “Full millennium“?

–howard

On Mar 26, 2022, at 20:04, Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970@...> wrote:

Congratulations!  I, happy to accept it.  😁

Roland Christen

Oh my! You're right.

Duh uh duh.. Disappointed

Congratulations, Roland! But if this is the 1000th, shouldn’t that be a “Full millennium“?

–howard

On Mar 26, 2022, at 20:04, Marcelo Figueroa via groups.io <marfig1970@...> wrote:

Congratulations!  I, happy to accept it.  😁

Dean Jacobsen

That is a lot of nice scopes in the hands of grateful imagers and visual observers.  That is quite a milestone.  Congratulations.
--
Dean Jacobsen

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I have been thinking about the 1000'th scope.  Why don't you auction it off to the highest bidder, keep what you want of the proceeds, decide on a charity of your choice, advertise the intent, and donate the differential between the retail value (or whatever you want to keep) and the winning auction amount to the charity.  I think that may be a good way to celebrate your success in making these fine instruments.

Emilio J. Robau, P.E.

I forgot, after the auction have yourself a PBR beer.  I think that is still US owned.

fernandorivera3

Roland congrats on the milestone of 1,000 scopes of the 130 GT/GTX variety.
We are looking forward to the next batch of 1,000 scopes for the AP community 🔭👍😀

Fernando

John A. Sillasen

I own both a new 130GTX & a gently owned second hand 130EDF-GT.  My new Stowaway aside,  I'm hearing in my mind a song, 1000 Telescopes on the wall. 1000 Telescopes of beauty!
Take one down and pass it around...
999 Telescopes are still out there & abound.

I've been contemplating letting my 130EDF-GT go up on AstroMart.  Now, I'm not so sure or else how would I sing that song!

John, getting even sillier Sillasen